Design of Algorithm Development Interface for Fingerprint Verification Algorithms
This paper proposes a programming interface in order to standardize low-level functional modules that are commonly employed in minutiae-based fingerprint verification algorithms. The interface, called FpADI, defines the protocols, data structures and operational mechanism of the functions. The purpose of designing FpADI is to develop a minutiae-based fingerprint verification algorithm cooperatively and to evaluate the algorithm efficiently. In a preliminary experiment, fingerprint feature extraction algorithms are implemented using FpADI and an application program, called FpAnalyzer, is developed in order to evaluate the performance of the implemented algorithms by visualizing the information in the FpADI data structures.
KeywordsFeature Extraction Gray Image Fingerprint Image Feature Extraction Algorithm Calling Function
- 2.Biometric Consortium, BioAPI Specificaion Version 1.1 (March 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC FDIS 19794-2:2004, Information Technology - Biometric data interchange Formats-Part 2: Finger minutiae data, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 N954 (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC FDIS 19794-4:2004, Information Technology - Biometric data interchange Formats-Part 4: Finger image data, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 N927 (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.ISO/IEC, F.C.D.: 19785-1:2004, Information Technology - Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework - Part 1: Data Element Specification, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 N628 (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Bazen, A.M., Gerez, S.H.: Segmentation of Fingerprint Images. In: Proc. Workshop on Circuits Systems and Signal Processing (ProRISC 2001), pp. 276–280 (2001)Google Scholar