The Surround ImagerTM: A Multi-camera Touchless Device to Acquire 3D Rolled-Equivalent Fingerprints
The Surround ImagerTM, an innovative multi-camera touchless device able to capture rolled-equivalent fingerprints, is here presented for the first time. Due to the lack of contact between the elastic skin of the finger and any rigid surface, the acquired images present no deformation. The multi-camera system acquires different finger views that are combined together to provide a 3D representation of the fingerprint. This new representation leads to a new definition of minutiae bringing new challenges in the field of fingerprint recognition.
KeywordsElastic Skin Surround Imager Fingerprint Recognition Minutia Point Unwrap Image
- 4.del Pilar Caballo-Perucha, M.: Development and analysis of algorithms for the optimisation of automatic image correlation. Master of Advanced Studies of the Post-graduate University Course Space Sciences, University of Graz, Austria (December 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Sonka, M., Hlavac, V., Boyle, R.: Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision, 2nd edn. Brooks/Cole Publishing, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Hartley, R., Zisserman, A.: Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision. Cambridge University Press, UK (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Jain, A.K., Hong, L., Bolle, R.: On-Line Fingerprint Verification, PAMI, Vol. PAMI 19(4), 302–313 (1997)Google Scholar