The Identification and Recognition Based on Point for Blood Vessel of Ocular Fundus
Today, iris recognition, fingerprint recognition, face recognition, voice recognition and other biometric technology are experiencing rapid development. This paper addresses a new biometric technology–the identification and recognition based on point of blood vessel skeleton for ocular fundus. The image for green gray scale of ocular fundus is utilized. The cross point of skeleton shape of blood vessel for ocular fundus using contrast-limited adaptive histogram equalization is extracted at first. After filtering treatment and extracting shape, shape curve of blood vessels is obtained. The cross point of shape for curve matching is later carried out by means of cross point matching. The recognition based on shape for blood vessel of ocular fundus has been demonstrated in this paper to possess high Identification and recognition rate, low rejection recognition rate as well as good universality, exclusiveness and stability. With more and more progress made in extracting technology, the recognition for blood vessel of optic fundus is to become an effective biometric technology.
KeywordsFeature Point Cross Point Fundus Image Iris Recognition Biometric Feature
- 2.Canny, J.: Acomputational approach to edge detection. IEEE Trans. PAMI 8, 679–698 (1986)Google Scholar
- 3.Peng, J., Rusch, P.: Morphological filters and edge detection application to medical imaging. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering In Medicine and Biology Society 13(1), 251–252 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, C.C., Li, C.C., Fan, N., et al.: A fast morphological filter for enhancement of angiographic images. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society 13(1), 229–230 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Xiao-Si, Z., Xin-Bao, N., Yi-Long, Y., Yun, C.: An Improved Point Pattern Algorithm for Fingerprint Matching. Journal of Nanjing University 39(4), 491–498 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Qi, Y., Tian, J., Deng, X.: Genetic algorithm based fingerprint matching algorithm and its application on automated fingerprint identification system. Journal of Software 11(4), 488–493 (2000)Google Scholar