Software Process Management: Practices in China
Software process management has been proven a useful means to help software organizations improve their development processes and produce high quality products. It focuses on providing process-related products and services to software developer. Chinese software industry is developing rapidly. Effective software process methods, technology and tools that help them produce quality products while reducing the costs are in desperate need. This paper discusses the current state of project management in Chinese software companies and presents a solution and practices meeting this need.
KeywordsSoftware Process Statistical Process Control Software Industry Software Company Software Process Improvement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sommerville, L.: Software Engineering, 7th edn. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Stiller, E., LeBlanc, C.: Project-Based Software Engineering. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.International Standard: ISO 9001 Quality Management System – Requirements (2000) Google Scholar
- 4.Chrissis, M.B., Konrad, M., Shrum, S.: CMMI Guidelines for Process Integration and Product Improvement. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Boehm, B., Chris, A., Winsor, B., Sunita, C., Bradford, K.C., Ellis, H., Ray, M., Donald, R., Bert, S.: Software Cost Estimation with COCOMO II. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.China Software Industry Association: Annual Report of China Software Industry (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Paulk, M.C., Curtis, B., Chrissis, M.B., Weber, C.V.: Capability Maturity ModelSM for Software, Version 1.1,Technical Report, CMU/SEI-93-TR-024, ESC-TR-93-177 (February 1993)Google Scholar
- 8.International Standard: ISO/IEC 9126-1 Software Engineering – Product Quality - Part1: Quality Model (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Kan, S.H.: Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering, 2nd edn. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.CMMI Product Team: Capability Maturity Model Integration, for SE/SW/IPPD/SS V1.1, Continuous Representation, CMU/SEI-2002-TR-011,ESC-TR-2002-011 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Florac, W.A., Carleton, A.D.: Measuring software process-Statistical process control for software process improvement. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Qing, W., Mingshu, L.: Measurement of software Requirement Based on SPC. Journal of Computer 26(10), 1312–1317 (2000)Google Scholar