A Collaborative E-learning System Based on Multi-agent
Based on the analysis of the process of the collaborative e-learning system and the characteristics of Multi-agent technology, this paper brings forward a collaborative e-learning system framework founded on Multi-agent. Meanwhile, it provides with the key technology to realize e-learning and the arithmetic to search for the collaborator, carries out further analysis of the system’s operating mechanism, multi-agent’s logic structure, Agent capacity and time complexity. According to this framework, it is easy to realize the Web-based e-learning among several individuals and the knowledge’s intertransferring, which is good to improve the e-learning efficiency and lift the knowledge level of the whole internet organization.
KeywordsCollaborative Learning Local Agent Learner Agent Knowledge Classification Teacher Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Learnframe, Facts, figures and forces behind e- learning (August 2000), http://www.learnframe.com/
- 2.Moore, M.G., Kearsley, G.: Distance Education: A systems view. Wadsworth Publishing, Belmont (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Williams, A.: The role of multi-agent learning in ontology-based knowledge management. In: American Association for Artificial Intelligence Spring Symposium. AAAI Press, Palo Alto (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Nillson, M., Palmer, M., Naeve, A.: Semantic web meta-data for e-Learning - some architectural guidelines. In: Proceedings of the 11th World Wide Web Conference, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Colete, E.: Electronic education system model. Computers and Education (36), 171–182 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Palmer, M., Naeve, A., Nilsson, M.: E-Learning in the Semantic Age. In: Proceedings of the 2nd European Web-Based Learning Environment Conference (WBLE), Lund, Sweden (October 2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Benest, I.D., Worsley, M.J.: Finding knowledge in an on-line lecture corpus. In: 3rd Annual LTSN-ICS Conference, Loughborough, pp. 37–42 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Slowinski, J., Anderson, T., Reinhart, J.: Can Web-based collaboration reform education? Journal of TECHNOS Quarterly For Education and Technology 10(3) (Fall 2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Moore, M.G.: Editorial: Three types of interaction. Journal of Distance Education 3(2) (1989)Google Scholar
- 13.Roda, C., Angehrn, A., Nabeth, T.: Matching competencies to enhance organizational knowledge sharing: An intelligent agents approach. In: Proceedings 7th International Netties Conference, Fribourg, Switzerland, September 2001, pp. 931–938 (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Roda, C., Angehrn, A., Nabeth, T.: Conversational agents for advanced learning: applications and research. In: Proceedings BotShow 2001, Paris (June 2001)Google Scholar