INSCAPE: Storymodels for Interactive Storytelling and Edutainment Applications
Techniques and rules, that promise a particularly effective way to tell stories, have been developed over hundreds of years. Hereby, from a technical point of view, various storymodels or story patterns might be derived from these approaches to create and tell new stories.
Within the first phase of the INSCAPE project, several of these models origined in different genres such as film, theatre or fairy tales have been analysed with respect to its possible usage as templates within authoring environments for interative storytelling applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Campbell, J.: The Hero with a Thousand Faces. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1973)Google Scholar
- 2.Field, S.: The Screenwriter’s Workbook. Dell Publishing Company, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.Freytag, G.: Die Technik des Dramas. Autorenhaus Verlag, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Göbel, S., Schneider, O., Iurgel, I., Feix, A., Knöpfle, C., Rettig, A.: Virtual Human: Storytelling and Computer Graphics for a Virtual Human Platform. LNCS. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Hoffmann, A., Göbel, S., Schneider, O.: Storytelling Based Education Applications. In: E-Learning and Virtual Science Centers. Idea Group Publishing, Hershey (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.McKee, R.: Story: Substance, Structure, Style and The Principles of Screenwriting. Regan Books, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Vogler, C.: The Writerś Journey. Mythic Structure for storytellers and Screenwriters. Michael Wiese Productions, California (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Propp, V.: Theory and History of Folklore. Manchester University Press, Manchester (1984)Google Scholar
- 9.Seger, L.: Creating Unforgettable Characters. Henry Holt & Company, Inc (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.Spierling, U., Iurgel, I.: Just Talking About Art – Creating Virtual Storytelling Experiences in Mixed Reality. LNCS. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Tobias, R.B.: 20 Masterplots. Frankfurt am Main: Zweitausendeins (1999)Google Scholar