An Evolutionary SPDE Breeding-Based Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimizer: Application in Coordination of Robot Ants for Camera Coverage Area Optimization
In this paper we propose a new Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimizer model based on particle swarm, with breeding concepts from novel evolutionary algorithms. The hybrid PSO combines traditional velocity and position update rules of RANDIW-PSO and ideas from Self Adaptive Pareto Differential Evolution Algorithm (SPDE). The hybrid model is tested and compared with some high quality PSO models like the RANDIW-PSO and TVIW-PSO. The results indicate two good prospects of our proposed hybrid PSO model: potential to achieve faster convergence as well as potential to find a better solution. The hybrid PSO model, with the abovementioned features, is then efficiently utilized to coordinate robot ants in order to help them to probe as much camera coverage area of some planetary surface or working field as possible with minimum common area coverage.
KeywordsParticle Swarm Optimization Particle Swarm Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization Particle Swarm Optimization Model Arithmetic Crossover
- 1.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle Swarm Optimization. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Ratnaweera, A., Halgamuge, S.K., Watson, H.C.: Self-Organizing Hierarchical Particle Swarm Optimizer with Time-Varying Acceleration Coefficients. IEEE Transactions On Evolutionary Computation 8 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Kennedy, J.: The Particle Swarm: Social Adaptation of Knowledge. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Evolutionary Computation, pp. 303–308 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Lovbjerg, M., Rasmussen, T.K., Krink, T.: Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimizer with Breeding and Subpopulation. In: Proc. 3rd Genetic Evolutionary Computation Conf (GECCO-2001), San Fransisco, CA, pp. 469–476 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Coello, C.A.: A Comprehensive Survey of Evolutionary-based Multiobjective Optimisation Techniques. Knowledge and Information Systems, 269–308 (1999)Google Scholar