Hardware Approach to the Artificial Hand Control Algorithm Realization
The concept of the bioprosthesis control system implementation in the dedicated hardware is presented. The complete control algorithm was analysed and the decomposition revealing the parts which could be calculated concurrently was made. Specialized digital circuits providing the wavelet transform and the neural network calculations were designed and successfully verified. The experiment results show that the proposed solution provides the desired dexterity and agility of the artificial hand.
KeywordsDiscrete Wavelet Transformation Clock Cycle Field Programmable Gate Array Learn Vector Quantization Arithmetic Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.De Luca, C.J.: The use of Surface Electromyography in Biomechanics. Journal of Applied Biomechanics 13(2) (May 1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Kohonen, T.K.: Self-Organizing Maps. Springer, Berlin (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Krysztoforski, K., Wolczowski, A., Bedzinski, R., Helt, K.: Recognition of Palm Finger Movements on the Basis of EMG Signals with Application of Wavelets. TASK Quarterly 8(2), 269–280 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Krysztoforski, K., Wolczowski, A.: Laboratory Test-Bed for EMG Signal Measurement (in Polish), Postepy Robotyki, WKiL, Warszawa (2004) Google Scholar
- 6.Kurzynski, M.: Pattern Recognition. Statistical Methods, (in Polish), Oficyna Wydawnicza PWr, Wroclaw (1997) Google Scholar
- 9.Nishikawa, D.: Studies on Electromyogram to Motion Classifier, Ph.D. dissertation, Graduate school of engineering, Hokkaido University, Sapporo (2001) Google Scholar
- 10.Stratix II Device Handbook. Altera Corporation, San Jose (2005) Google Scholar
- 11.Szecówka, P.M., Charytoniuk, A., Najbert, R.: Automated implementation of feedforward neural network in digital integrated circuit. In: Proc. 10th MIXDES, Lodz, pp. 164–167 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Wolczowski, A.: Smart Hand: The Concept of Sensor based Control. In: Proc. of 7th IEEE Int. Symposium on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, Miedzyzdroje (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Wolczowski, A., Krysztoforski, K., Bedzinski, R.: Control issues of Myoelectric Hand. In: XII National Biocybernetic and Biomedical Eng. Conference, Warszawa, pp. 419–423 (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.www.ottobock.us.com Patient information about Sensor Hand