An Optimized Soft 3D Mobile Graphics Library Based on JIT Backend Compiler
Mobile device is one of the most widespread devices with rendering capabilities now. With the improved performance of the mobile device, displaying 3D scene becomes reality. This paper implements an optimized soft 3D mobile graphics library based on JIT backend compiler, which is suitable for the features of the mobile device. To deeply exploring the advantages of JIT technology, this paper improves the traditional rasterization model based on JIT technology and proposes a hybrid rasterization model which integrates the advantages of both the per-scanline and per-pixel rasterization models. As we know, the backend compiler is the critical factor in running 3D application programme. In this paper, we implement a backend compiler for certain CPUs and propose some optimization techniques accordingly. The experimental results indicate that our 3D graphics library has achieved fine performance.
KeywordsAssembly Code Machine Code System Level Optimization Intermediate Code Fragment Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.OpenGL ES Overview, http://www.khronos.org/embeddedapi/
- 3.OpenGL ES API Framework, http://www.hybrid.fi/main/esframework/index.php
- 4.Mascot Capsule Engine Micro3D Edition, http://www.hicorp.co.jp/
- 5.Crisu, D., Cotofana, S.D., Vassiliadis, S., Liuha, P.: Efficient Hardware for Tile-Based Rasterization. In: Proceedings of 15th Annual Workshop on Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing (ProRISC 2004), Veldhoven, The Netherlands, November 2004, pp. 352–357 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar, S., Manocha, D., Garrett, B., Lin, M.: Hierarchical back-face culling. In: 7th Eurogmphics Workshop on Rendering, Porto, Portugal, pp. 231–240 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Kumar, S., Manocha, D., Garrett, W.F., Lin, M.C.: Back-Face Computation of Polygon Clusters. In: Symposium on Computational Geometry 1997, pp. 487–488 (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.A 3-D Rendering Library for Mobile Devices, http://ogl-es.sourceforge.net/architecture.htm
- 12.Crisu, D., Cotofana, S.D., Vassiliadis, S., Liuha, P.: GRAAL- A Development Framework for Embedded Graphics Accelerators. In: Proc. Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE 2004), Paris, France (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Klimt software architecture overview, http://studierstube.org/klimt/documentation.php