How to Make Business with Computer Vision Technology
Business development in highly competitive new markets is strongly dependent on the level of technology innovation. Actually, the real success of a new product is affected by many other factors in the development chain, including customer requirements understanding and system implementation. The paper is aimed to refer some direct experience of New product development based on Computer Vision Technology. A practical example is referred to describe a recent success story in the field of Security application, a mobile Automatic Number Plate Recognition system that is currently used by many security forces in different countries in Europe and the USA.
KeywordsTechnology Transfer Optical Character Recognition License Plate Patent Cooperation Treaty Agricultural Research Service
- 2.Allen, T.J.: Managing the flow of Technology. MIT Press, Cambridge (1977)Google Scholar
- 3.The European Information Society Technologies Prize, EEC IST-prize, http://www.ist-prize.org
- 4.Sung, T.K., Kang, B.S., Lee, S.K.: Study on Characteristics of Technology Transfer in Venture Business. In: Proceedings of the 34th Hawai Int. Conf. On System Sciences (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Garibotto, G.: Auto-Detector: Mobile Automatic Number Plate Recognition. In: Chen, C.H., Wang, P.S.P. (eds.) Handbook of Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision, ch. 5.6, pp. 601–618Google Scholar
- 6.RELES, Remington-Elsag Law Enforcement System, http://www.remington-elsag.com/Home.htm