Collusion Secure Convolutional Spread Spectrum Fingerprinting
Digital Fingerprinting is a technique for the merchant who can embed unique buyer identity marks into digital media copy and also makes it possible to identify ’traitors’ who redistribute their illegal copies. This paper first discusses the collusion-resistant properties of spread-spectrum sequence against malicious attacks such as collusion combination, collusion average and additive noise. A novel two-layers secure fingerprinting scheme is then presented by concatenating the spread-spectrum code with a convolutional code. Moreover, Viterbi algorithm is improved by using Optional Code Set. The code length, collusion security and performance are proved and analyzed. As the results, the proposed scheme for perceptual media has shorter fingerprinting length and achieves optimal traitor searching.
KeywordsDigital fingerprinting Collusion secure Spread spectrum Convolutional code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boneh, D., Shaw, J.: Collusion-Secure Fingerprinting for Digital Data. In: Coppersmith, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 1995. LNCS, vol. 963, pp. 452–465. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Ergun, F., Kilian, J., Kumar, R.: A note on the limits of collusion-resistant watermarks. In: Stern, J. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1999. LNCS, vol. 1592, pp. 140–149. Springer, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Barg, A., Blakly, G.R., Kabatiansky, G.: Digital Fingerprinting Codes: Problem Statements, Constructions, Identification of Traitors, Technical report, DIMACS2001-52 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Kilian, J., Leighton, F.T., Matheson, L.R., Shamoon, T.G., Tarjan, R.E., Zane, F.: Resistance of Digital Watermarks to Collusive Attacks. Technical Report TR-585-98, Princeton University, Computer Science Department (July 1998), http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/kilian98/resistance.html
- 8.Zhu, Y., Sun, Z.W., Feng, D.G., Yang, Y.T.: Performance Analysis of Spread Spectrum CDMA Watermarking and Applied Reasearch in Multiwavelet Domain. Chinese Journal of Computers (2005) (in print)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhu, Y., Feng, D.G., Yang, Y.T.: Convolutional Fingerprinting Information Codes for Collusion Security. In: Proceedings of the SPIE conference on Mathematics of Data/Image Coding, Compression, and Encryption VIII with Applications, San Diego (August 2005) (to appear)Google Scholar