An Overview of the EGEE Project
The aim of the EU funded EGEE (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE) project is to build on recent advances in Grid technology and develop a service Grid for scientific applications. This paper provides an overview the EGEE project goals and structure and explains the work being performed in the areas of grid operations, middleware re-engineering and application deployment and support. The relation of EGEE to digital libraries is explained and examples of how the project infrastructure can be used in the field are highlighted.
KeywordsDigital Library Resource Centre Grid Service Grid Infrastructure Grid Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The European DataGrid project, http://www.eu-datagrid.org
- 3.OASIS: Web Services Security (WS-Security), http://www.oasisopen.org/committees/wss
- 4.LCG: Bird, I., et al.: Operating The LCG and EGEE Production Grids for HEP. In: Proceedings of the CHEP 2004 Conference, Interlaken, Switzerland, September 27–October 41 (2004) Published on InDiCoGoogle Scholar
- 5.GILDA, https://gilda.ct.infn.it/
- 6.INFN Grid (Grid-it), http://grid-it.cnaf.infn.it/
- 7.GEANT project, http://www.geant.net/
- 8.NSF Cyberinfrastructure, http://www.cise.nsf.gov/sci/reports/toc.cfm
- 9.EuMedConnect, http://www.eumedis.net/en/eumedconnect/
- 10.GRACE project, http://www.grace-ist.org/
- 11.DILIGENT, http://www.diligentproject.org