Study on the Matching Similarity Measure Method for Image Target Recognition
The matching similarity measures that can be used in image target recognition are surveyed and a novel similarity measure is proposed in this paper. Two basic factors that affect the image matching performance and the merits and faults of two common types of image matching algorithm are firstly analyzed. Then, based on the systematic study of similarity measures, image matching projection similarity measure is defined by simplify the classical normalized correlation measure. An example of the application of the proposed matching similarity measure in image target recognition and position is given at the end of this paper; the experimental results show its feasibility and effectivity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, l.: Study on the approaches of two dimension target detection and reorganization. Huazhong Univ.of Sci.& Tech, 1-15 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, F.H., Ren, S.H., Zhu, G.M.: Real-Time Image Target Recognition System. Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology 17(6), 717–722 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Dai, J.Z., Leng, H.Y.: New algorithm study and application for target recognition. Infrared and laser engineering 30(2), 108–111 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Shen, Z.K.: The Technology of Image Matching, pp. 217–229. National University of Defense Technology Press (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.Zou, L.J., Liu, J.H.: Application of model-matching technology on target recognition in rosette scanning sub-image. Optical Technique 27(2), 166–169 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Veltkamp, R.C.: Shape Matching: Similarity Measures and Algorithms. Dept. Computing Science, Utrecht University (2001)Google Scholar