DNA Computing Approach to Construction of Semantic Model
In this paper, after a new DNA-based semantic model is theoretically proposed, the preliminary experiment on construction of the small test model is successfully done. This model, referred to as ‘semantic model based on molecular computing’ (SMC) has the structure of a graph formed by the set of all (attribute, attribute values) pairs contained in the set of represented objects, plus a tag node for each object. Each path in the network, from an initial object-representing tag node to a terminal node represents the object named on the tag. Input of a set of input strands will result in the formation of object-representing dsDNAs via parallel self-assembly, from encoded ssDNAs representing both attributes and attribute values (nodes), as directed by ssDNA splinting strands representing relations (edges) in the network. The proposed model is rather suitable for knowledge representation in order to store vast amount of information with high density. The proposed model will appears as an interaction between AI and biomolecular computing research fields, and will be further extended for several AI applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Udo, F., Sam, S., Wolfgang, B., Hilmar, R.: DNA sequence generator: A Program for the Construction of DNA Sequences. In: Proc. of the Seventh International Workshop on DNA Based Computers, pp. 21–32 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Sowa, J.F.: Sematic Networks (2005), http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/semnet.htm
- 4.Rief, J.H.: Parallel Molecular Computation, Models and Simulations. In: Proc. of the 7th Annual Symaposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures, pp. 213–223 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Reif, J.H., LaBean, H.T., Pirrung, M., Rana, V.S., Guo, B., Kingsford, C., Wickham, G.S.: Experimental Construction of Very Large Scale DNA Databases with Associative Search Capability. In: Chen, J., Reif, J.H. (eds.) DNA 2003. LNCS, vol. 2943, pp. 231–247. Springer, Heidelberg (2004) (Revised Papers)Google Scholar
- 7.Arita, M.: M Hagiya, and A. Suyama: Joining and Rotating Data with Molecules. In: Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 243–248 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Quillian, M.R., Minsky, M.: Semantic Memory, Semantic Information Processing, pp. 216–270. MIT Press, Cambridge (1968)Google Scholar