Semantic Caching for Web Based Learning Systems
For overcoming the existing problems in Web based learning system when network blocking or disconnection happens, a new architecture of the Web based learning system based on semantic caching is proposed; also, the model and the query processing mechanism of semantic caching are described in detail. Furthermore, this paper proposed and proved 11 simplification rules, which can be used to optimize the query processing of semantic caching, and the optimized query-processing algorithm is thoroughly described.
KeywordsQuery Processing Learning Server Query Evaluation Disjunctive Normal Form Local Cache
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ting-ting, W., Xing-ming, Z.: Extracting query results from semantic cache. Chinese J.Computer 25(10), 1104–1110 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Ting-Ting, W., Wen-Song, Z., Xing-Ming, Z.: Answering query through cache during disconnection. Chinese J.Computer 26(10), 1393–1399 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Ting-Ting, W., et al.: Mobile query through semantic cache. Journal of computer research and development 41(1), 187–193 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Tao, Z., et al.: Consistency maintenance mechanism of semantic caching based on downwards update. Journal of computer research and development 41(Suppl. 28-34) (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Reeves, T., Reeves, P.: The effective dimension of interactive learning on the WWW. In: Khan, B. (ed.) Web-based instruction, pp. 59–66. Education Technology, Englewood Cliffs (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Jackson, R.H.: Web based learning resources library (2004), http://www.knowledgeability.biz/weblearning
- 8.McKimm, J., Jollie, C., Cantillon, P.: ABC of learning and teaching Web based learning (2003), http://bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7394/870
- 9.Yatchou, R., Nkambou, R., Tangha, C.: An approach to reduce transactional distance: semi-synchronous distance monitoring of learners. In: the Proceeding of the FIfth International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training, pp. 10–14Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, C.-M., Duh, L.-J., Liu, C.-Y.: A personalized courseware recommendation system based on fuzzy item response theory. In: the Proceeding of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on e-Technology, e-Commerce and e-Service, pp. 305–308Google Scholar