A Decision Support System for Rheumatic Evaluation and Treatment in Oriental Medicine Using Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network
In this paper, we present an application of soft computing into a decision support system RETS: Rheumatic Evaluation and Treatment System in Oriental Medicine (OM). Inputs of the system are severities of observed symptoms on patients and outputs are a diagnosis of rheumatic states, its explanations and herbal prescriptions. First, an outline of the proposed decision support system is described after considering rheumatic diagnoses and prescriptions by OM doctors. Next, diagnosis by fuzzy inference and prescription by neural networks are described. By fuzzy inference, RETS diagnoses the most appropriate rheumatic state in which the patient appears to be infected, then it gives an oriental prescription written in suitable herbs with reasonable amounts based on neural networks. Training data for the neural networks is collected from experienced OM physicians and OM text books. Finally, we describe evaluations and restrictions of RETS.
KeywordsDecision Support System Inference Rule Oriental Medicine Rheumatic State Fuzzy Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ba, L.A.: Treating reality rheumatism. Medicine and pharmacy journal HCMC (June 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Boegl, K., Kainberger, F., Adlassnig, K.P., Kolousek, G., Leitich, H., Kolarz, G., Imhof, H.: New approaches to computer-assisted diagnosis of rheumatologic diseases. Radiologe 35(9), 604–610 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Thuy, T., Nhac, P.D., Chau, H.B.: Hanoi Medical University - Lectures in Oriental Medicine. Medicine Pub., Hanoi 2, 160–165 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Durkin, J.: Expert System, Design and Development. Prentice Hall Inc., New York (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Duda, R.O., et al.: A Computer Based Consultant for Mineral Exploration. SRI International Menlo Park, CA (September 1979) Google Scholar
- 10.Meksown, D.M., Wilson A.H.: Automating Knowledge Acquisition for Aerial Image Interpretation. Computer Vision Graphics (1990) Google Scholar
- 12.Zlatina, L.A., Elyashberg, M.E.: Generation of stereoisomers and their spatial models corresponding to the given molecular structure. MATCH 27, 191 (1992)Google Scholar
- 13.Pigford, D.V., Baur, G.: Expert Systems for Business: Concepts and Applications. International Thomson Pub. Company (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Negnevitsky, M.: Artificial Intelligence - A Guide to Intelligent Systems. Pearson Education Limited, London (2002)Google Scholar