Representation of Data Contexts and Their Concept Lattices in General Geometric Spaces
We present a possibility for coordinatizing many-valued contexts and their concept lattices, i.e. we investigate when an algebra (in the sense of universal algebra) can be assigned to the object set of a many-valued context such that the extents can be described by the congruence classes of the algebra. Since congruence class spaces have a natural geometric nature the outlined approach can be interpreted as a geometric representation of concept lattices.
KeywordsEquivalence Relation Closure Operator Universal Algebra Concept Lattice Data Context
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Jo59]Jonsson, B.: Lattice-theoretic approach to affine and projective geometry. In: Henkin, L., Suppes, P., Tarski, A. (eds.) The axiomatic method with special references to geometry and physics, pp. 188–203. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1959)Google Scholar
- [Ma52]Maeda, F.: Lattice-theoretic characterization of abstract geometries. Jour. of Sci. of Hiroshima Univ. Ser. A 15, 87–96 (1951/1952)Google Scholar
- [Wi96]Wille, U.: Geometric Representation of Ordinal Contexts. Shaker Verlag, Aachen (1996)Google Scholar
- [WW92]Wille, R., Wille, U.: Coordinatization of ordinal structures. Discrete Mathematics (1992)Google Scholar
- [WW02]Wille, R., Wille, U.: Restructuring General Geometry: Measurement and Visualization of Spatial Structures (2002) (preprint)Google Scholar