Hybrid Signcryption Schemes with Insider Security
The question of constructing a hybrid signcryption scheme with outside security was considered by Dent . That paper also demonstrated that the basic hybrid construction formalised by Cramer and Shoup [5,9] is incapable of producing a signcryption scheme with insider security. This paper provides a paradigm for constructing signcryption schemes with insider security based on the ideas of hybrid cryptography.
KeywordsSignature Scheme Security Parameter Security Criterion Signcryption Scheme Choose Ciphertext Attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.An, J.H.: Authenticated encryption in the public-key setting: Security notions and analyses (2001), Available from http://eprint.iacr.org/2001/079
- 4.Bellare, M., Rogaway, P.: The exact security of digital signatures — how to sign with RSA and Rabin. In: Maurer, U.M. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1996. LNCS, vol. 1070, pp. 399–416. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Dent, A.W.: Hybrid cryptography (2004), Available from http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/210/
- 7.Dent, A.W.: Hybrid signcryption schemes with outsider security (extended abstract) (2004), Available from http://www.isg.rhul.ac.uk/~alex/
- 10.Zheng, Y.: Digital signcryption or how to achieve cost(signature & encryption) < < cost(signature) + cost(encryption). In: Kaliski Jr., B.S. (ed.) CRYPTO 1997. LNCS, vol. 1294, pp. 165–179. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar