A Simple Acceptance/Rejection Criterium for Sequence Generators in Symmetric Cryptography
A simple method of checking the degree of balancedness in key-stream generators of cryptographic application has been developed. The procedure is based exclusively on the handling of bit-strings by means of logic operations and can be applied to standard generators proposed and published in the open literature (combinational generators, multiple clocking generators, irregularly clocked generators). The requirements of time and memory complexity are negligible. The method here developed is believed to be a first selective criterium for acceptance/rejection of this type of generators with application in symmetric cryptography.
KeywordsConfidentiality stream cipher bit-string algorithm cryptography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bluetooth. Specifications of the Bluetooth system, Version 1.1 (February 2001), available at, http://www.bluetooth.com/
- 2.Coppersmith, D., Krawczyk, H., Mansour, Y.: The Shrinking Generator. In: Stinson, D.R. (ed.) CRYPTO 1993. LNCS, vol. 773, pp. 22–39. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.CRYPTREC project- cryptographic evaluation for Japanese Electronic Government, www.ipa.go.jp/security/enc/CRYPTREC/index-e.html
- 4.Golomb, S.W.: Shift Register-Sequences. Aegean Park Press, Laguna Hill (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.GSM, Global Systems for Mobile Communications, available at, http://cryptome.org/gsm-a512.htm
- 7.Mange, D.: Analysis and Synthesis of Logic Systems. Artech House, INC., Norwood (1986)Google Scholar
- 10.Simmons, G.J. (ed.): Contemporary Cryptology: The Science of Information Integrity. IEEE Press, New York (1991)Google Scholar