KeywordsSystolic Hypertension Target Organ Damage United Kingdom Prospective Diabetic Study Hypertension Optimal Treatment Nocturnal Hypertension
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Mathews KA, Katholi R, McCreath H, et al. Blood pressure reactivity to psychological stress predicts hypertension in the CARDIA study. Circulation 2004;110:74–78.Google Scholar
- 4.SHEP Cooperative Research Group. Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older person in isolated systolic hypertension. Final result of the Systolic Hypertension in Elderly Program (SHEP). JAMA 1991;265:3255–3264.Google Scholar
- 6.Hansson L, Zanchetti A, Carruthers SG, et al., for the HOT Study Group. Effects of intensive blood-pressure lowering and low-dose aspirin in patients with hypertension: principal results of the Hypertension Optimal Treatment (HOT) randomized trial. Lancet 1998;351: 1755–1762.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Apple LJ, Moore JJ, Oberzanek E, et al. DASH Collaborative Research Group. A clinical trial of the effects of dietary pattern on blood pressure. N Engl J Med 1997;336:1117–1124.Google Scholar
- 8.Kesteloot H. Epidemeological studies on the relationship between, Na, K, Ca and Mg and arterial blood pressure. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 1994; 6:S192–S196.Google Scholar
- 10.Furberg CD, Wright JT, Davies BR, et al., on behalf of the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group. Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensive-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blockers vs diuretic. The Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA 2002;288:2981–2997.Google Scholar
- 15.Heart Outcome Prevention Evaluation Study (HOPE). Effects of an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients. N Engl J Med 2000;324:145–153.Google Scholar
- 16.Brunner H. Clinical efficacy of olmesartan medoxmil. J Hypertens 2003;21(suppl 2):s43–s46.Google Scholar
- 24.Mogensen CE, Neldam S, Tikkanen I, et al. Randomised controlled trial of dual blockage of renin-angiotensin system in patients with hypertension, microalbuminuria and non-insulin dependent diabetes: the candesartan and lisinopril microalbuminuria (CALM) study. BMJ 2000;321:1440–1444.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.United Kingdom Prospective Diabetic Study Group. Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complications in type 2 diabetes. UKPDS 38. BMJ 1998;317:703–713.Google Scholar
- 27.Arauz-Pacheo C, Parrot MA, Raskin P, American Diabetes Association. The treatment of hypertension in adult people with diabetes. Diabetes Care 2002;25:134–147.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London Limited 2005