Growth of Computing Technology for Education in India
Education and expansion of education have been the main task of any society. Owing to its heterogeneity and pressure from a population of over one billion, India needs more rigorous attempts to elevate its education status; though some of its parts are well socially developed. Further, with the deployments of computers in the educational institutions and infrastructural developments to meet the computer enabled services, remarkable growth has been observed. While discussing the status of the growth of computing technology for education, emerging computing and infrastructural environments and other related developments have also been discussed in this paper.
Key wordsComputing technology India Education
- 2.Prasad, Kamta and Verma, Pramod. Impact of Computer on Employment, New Delhi: McMillan Co., 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.Rajaraman, V. “IT in India-A Retrospective (1965–99)”. CSI Communication, Jan.2000:9–14.Google Scholar
- 5.Elementary Education.01-10-2001. National Informatics Centre. 23-3-2004. http://www.education.nic.in/htmlweb/main.htm/eleedu1.htm.
- 6.Sharma, D. K. ” Distance education systems of the future”. University News.24(42).(1986): 55–57.Google Scholar
- 9.Literacy in India.23-07-2003.Commonwealth of Learning. 30-12-2003. http://www.col.org/literacy/india/htm.
- 11.Dutta, Rattan K. “Bridging order in chaotic IT education”. CSI Communication, January 2004:5–9.Google Scholar
- 12.Chaudhari, Sohanvir S.,and ihari, Sham. “Modasa experiment: distance teaching through cable TV”. IJOL 3(1)1994:24–28.Google Scholar
- 14.New communication and information technologies (a tele-conference course package) CEC, New Delhi. 1994.Google Scholar
- 15.Khullar, K. K. “Electronic programme-missing target groups”. The hindustan times, newspaper. 8 August 1995.Google Scholar
- 16.Khanam, Shakeela. “Learning in future”, University News, 8(47), 2000.Google Scholar
- 17.Planning Commission. 10-05-2003. National Informatics Centre. 23-3-2004. http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/planrel/fiveyr/welcome.html.
- 20.Information Technology.03-07-2001.Ministryof IT, Government of India. 23-2-2004. http://it-taskforce.nic.in.
- 21.IT for Masses. 24-6-2000. National Infomatics Centre.23.2.2004. www.itformasses.nic.in.Google Scholar
- 23.Singh, Nikita, “IT careers for you”. CSI Communication, January, 2004:13–16.Google Scholar
- 24.Fichardo, Chris Ann. “The A AA E of Indic computing”, Express Computer, 15 Sept. 2003:14–16.Google Scholar
- 26.Urs, Shalini R.Vidyanidhi, “Digital Library and E-Scholarship”, Portal.25-09-2003. http://www.vidyanidhi.org.in
- 28.Latest Trivia.07-11-2003. www.bhashaindia.com/trivia/trivia.aspxGoogle Scholar
- 29.Das, NK.“Reaction of primary school teachers towards training through interactive TV”. IJOL,6(2)(1997):77–90.Google Scholar
- 30.Bamjai, Kavery. India Today. Feb. 17–23, 2004:44.Google Scholar
- 31.Indira Gandhi National Open University. 24-07-2003. http://www.ignou.edu
- 32.Manjunath, D, Sale, Sandhya V. and Tripathi, Madhu.“Remote Tutor-A multimedia Teleseminaring Tool for an Internet”., Int’l conf. on Collaborative and Networked Learning, 16–18 Feb. 1998:58–62.Google Scholar
- 33.Komaragiri, Vihari V. and Sanghi Dheeraj, “Designing a virtual learning environment for situated learning”, Int’l conf. on Collaborative and Networked Learning. 16–18 Feb.1998:.71–75.Google Scholar
- 34.Bhattacharya, B and Roy,A. K. “Off-Campus Distance Education through Electronically Networked Study Centre”. Int’l conf. on Collaborative and Networked Learning. 16–18 Feb. 1998: 45–49.Google Scholar
- 35.Saha, Amiya Baran, SenGupta,Suparna, and Jain, Deepak.“Computer Assisted Learning: A New Approach by ERandDCI Calcutta” National Centre for Software Technology. http://www.ncst.ernet.in/vidyakash2002/extra-papers/Computer_Assisted_Learning-A_New_Approach.doc
- 36.National Institute of Eduaction & Planning. 22-05-2003. http://www.niepaonline.org/whatsnew.htm
- 37.Rajora, Rajesh and Vyas, Nitesh. “Gyandoot”. CSI communication. Feb. 2001:13–14.Google Scholar
- 39.Jasrotia, Punita.IT literacy-the newsocial cause. http://www.expressitpeople.com/20020318/cover.html. 18 March.2002.
- 40.http://paniit.iitd.ac.in/indest. 25-9-2003. Indian Institute of Technology.
- 41.http://www.ciet.nic.in/etissues.html. 23-05-2002. Central Institute of Eduactional Technology.
- 42.Rai, K and Bhattacharya, P.K. “Implications of IT for teacher education and research”. http://www.ciet.nic.in/etissues.html. 03-08-2002.Central Institute of Educational Technology.