Adapting the curriculum for teaching health in multigrade classes in Vietnam
- 969 Downloads
KeywordsNational Curriculum Grade Group Master Teacher Teaching Health Topic
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aikman, A. and Pridmore, P. (1998) Multigrade Teaching and Learning: A study of classroom practice and teacher education in northern Vietnam. Research report. Hanoi: The British Council.Google Scholar
- APEID (1995) multigrade Teaching in Primary Schools. Bangkok: UNESCO.Google Scholar
- Colbert, V., Chiappe, C. and Arboleda, J. (1993) ‘The new school program: more and better primary education for children in rural areas in Colombia’. In H.M. Levin and M.E. Lockheed (eds) Effective Schools in Developing Countries. London: Falmer Press.Google Scholar
- Gibbs, W. (1997) ‘Evaluation of the Child-to-Child Programme in Zambia’. Unpublished report. London: The Child-to-Child Trust.Google Scholar
- Little, A.W. (1995) Multigrade Teaching: A review of research and practice. Education Research, Serial No. 12. London: Overseas Development Administration.Google Scholar
- Little, A.W. (2004) ‘Learning and teaching in multigrade settings’. Paper prepared for the UNESCO 2005 EFA Monitoring Report. Online. Available at http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/file_download.php/548cfe4ac0864fcea666900c2144e4d1Little.doc (Accessed 10 March 2005).
- MOET (2001) Education Statistics. Hanoi: Ministry of Education and Training, Centre for Educational Management Statistics.Google Scholar
- MOET (2002) Primary Curriculum. Hanoi: Giaoduc Publisher.Google Scholar
- Phinney, R. and Evans, J. (1992) ‘From child to child: children as communicators’. In Development Communication Report 78, 7-9. Arlington, VA: Clearinghouse on Development Communication.Google Scholar
- Pollitt, E. (1995) Malnutrition and Infection in the Classroom. Paris: UNESCO.Google Scholar
- Pridmore, P. (2003) ‘Children’s participation: a critical review of Child-to-Child experience in Kenya and Vietnam’. Journal of Anthropology in Action, 10, 1, 15–24.Google Scholar
- Pridmore, P. and Stephens, D. (2000) Children as Health Educators: A critical appraisal of the Child-to-Child approach. London: ZED Books.Google Scholar
- Thomas, C. and Shaw, C. (1992) ‘Issues in multigrade schools’. World Bank Technical Paper No. 172. Washington: World Bank.Google Scholar
- UNESCO (2000) The Dakar Framework for Action., Education for All: Meeting our collective commitments. Adopted by the World Education Forum (Dakar, Senegal 2001). Paris: UNESCO.Google Scholar
- UNICEF (1998) An Evaluation of the Multigrade and Bilingual Education Project. Hanoi: UNICEF.Google Scholar
- Vu, T.S., Pridmore, P., Nga, B., My, D. and Kick, P. (2002) Renovating the Teaching of Health in Multigrade Primary Schools: A teacher s guide to health in natural and social sciences (Grades 1, 2, 3) and Science (grade 5). Hanoi, Vietnam: British Council/National Institute of Educational Sciences (Published in English and in Vietnamese).Google Scholar
- Vu, T.S. (2005) ‘Improving teaching and learning for health in multigrade schools in Vietnam’. Unpublished PhD thesis. Institute of Education, University of London.Google Scholar
© Springer 2006