Multigrade teaching in London,England
- 1.1k Downloads
KeywordsNational Curriculum Ability Pupil Rade Class National Literacy Strategy High Ability Pupil
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Collingwood, I. (1991) Multiclass Teaching In Primary Schools: A handbook for Vanuatu. Apia, Western Samoa: UNESCO.Google Scholar
- Cornall, J.N. (1986) The small school: achievements and problems. Education Today, 36(1), 25–36.Google Scholar
- Department for Education and Skills(DfES)(2002) http://www.dfes.gov.uk/statistics/DB/SBU/b0222/030-t6.htm.
- Department for Education and Skills (DfES) (2000) Framework for teaching Mathematics: Reception to year 6. Nottinghamshire: DFES Publications.Google Scholar
- Department for Education and Skills (DfES) (1998) The National Literacy Strategy: framework for teaching YR to Y6. Nottinghamshire: DFES Publications.Google Scholar
- Galton, M. and Simon, B. (eds) (1980) Progress and Performance in the Primary Classroom, London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.Google Scholar
- Galton, M. and Patrick, H. (eds) (1990) Curriculum Provision in the Small Primary School. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.Google Scholar
- Gupta, D., Jain, M. and Bala, N. (1996) Multigrade Teachin: Status and implications. Delhi: National Council of Educational Research and Training.Google Scholar
- Hallam, S., Ireson, J. and Davies, J. (2004) Grouping practices in the primary school: what influences change? British Educational Research Journal, 30(1), 115–140.Google Scholar
- Hayes, D. (1999) Organising learning in multigrade classes: a case study about a multi-task lesson. Curriculum, 20 (2), 100–109.Google Scholar
- Her Majesty’s Inspector of Schools (1978) Primary Education in England. London: Department of Education and Science.Google Scholar
- Institute of Education Multigrade Project website: http://www.ioe.ac.uk/multigrade.
- Ireson, J. and Hallam, S. (2001) Ability Grouping in Education. London: Paul Chapman Publishing.Google Scholar
- Jarousse, J.-P. and Mingat, A. (1991) Efficacité pédagogique de l’enseignment à cours multiples dans le contexte africain. Dijon: IREDU-CNRS: University of Dijon.Google Scholar
- Lee, J. (1984) Vertical grouping in the primary school: a report of a study by Lancaster University on behalf of the Schools Council. School Organisation, 4 (2), 133–142.Google Scholar
- Little, A.W. (1995) Multigrade Teaching: A review of research and practice. Education Research, Serial No. 12, Overseas Development Administration.Google Scholar
- Little, A.W. (2001) Multigrade teaching: towards an international research and policy agenda. International Journal of Educational Development, 21(6), 481-497.Google Scholar
- Lungwangwa, G. (1989) Multi-grade Schools in Zambian Primary Education: A report on the pilot schools in Mkushi District. Report number 47. Stockholm: SIDA Education Division.Google Scholar
- Martin, A.B. and Brown, K.G. (1989) Student achievement in multigrade and single grade classes. Education Canada, 29, 10–13.Google Scholar
- Mason, D.A. and Burns, R.B. (1996) Teacher’s views of combination classes. Journal of Educational Research, 89, 36–45.Google Scholar
- Office for Standards in Education (2000) Small Schools: How well are they doing? A report by OFSTED based on the data from inspections and national test results. Online. Available http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=pubs.summary&id=837 (accessed 20 September 2004).
- Pratt, C. and Treacy, K., (1986) A Study of Student Grouping Practices in Early Childhood Classes in Western Australian Government Primary Schools (Cooperative Research Series 9). Nedlands: Education Department of Western Australia.Google Scholar
- Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) website: http://www.standards.dfes. gov.uk/schemes3.
© Springer 2006