Structure-Control-Optics Interaction in High Precision Telescopes
Large precision telescopes require the consideration of the interaction of structural mechanics, control, and optics. Aspects for this are discussed from a simulation and technology point of view. In simulation, emphasis is put on handling and condensation of large structural dynamics models, while in the technology part the concept of smart structures for active damping and shape control is discussed.
Key wordsintegrated simulation balanced model reduction smart structures shape control active damping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schoeller, M., Wilhelm, R. and Koehler, B., “Modeling the imaging process in optical stellar interferometers”, Astron. & Astrophys. Suppl. Ser. 144, pp. 541–552, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Glindemann, A., “Very Large Telescope Interferometer: a status report”, in Interferometry for Optical Astronomy II, W. A. Traub, ed., Proc. SPIE 4838, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Locatelli, G., Piezo-actuated Adaptive Structures for Vibration Damping and Shape Control, Fortschritts-Berichte VDI, Reihe 11, No. 303, VDI-Verlag, Düsseldorf, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Baier, H. and Scheulen, D., “Approaches and technologies for control-structure-interaction in smart structures”, in Proc. ESTEC Conf. Spacecraft Structures and Mechanical Testing, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.Müller, M., Baier, H., Langer, H., Helwig, G. and Wilhelm, R., “Structure-control-optics interaction and probabilistic analysis tools for high precision telescopes and mirrors”, in Proc. European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Mechanical Testing, 11–13.12.2002, Toulouse, France.Google Scholar
- 6.Baier, H. and Locatelli, G., “Microvibration control in telescope structures”, in Proc. of SPIE Conference Astronomical Telescopes and Instrumentation 2000, Vol. 4004, Munich, March 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.Baier, H. and Müller, M., “Adaptive structures and mechatronic components for vibration and shape control of satellite precision payloads”, in Proceedings of the 54nd International Astronautical Congress, Bremen, Germany, September 29–October 3, 2003.Google Scholar