DIQUARKCONDENSATION EFFECTSON HOT QUARK STAR CONFIGURATIONS
The equation of state for quark matter is derived for a nonlocal, chiral quark model within the mean field approximation. We investigate the effects of a variation of the form-factors of the interaction on the phase diagram of quark matter. Special emphasis is on the occurrence of a diquark condensate which signals a phase transition to color superconductivity and its effects on the equation of state under the condition of β- equilibrium and charge neutrality. We calculate the quark star configurations by solving the Tolman- Oppenheimer- Volkoff equations and obtain for the transition from a hot, normal quark matter core of a protoneutron star to a cool diquark condensed one a release of binding energy of the order of ΔMc 2 ~ 1053 erg. We find that this energy could not serve as an engine for explosive phenomena since the phase transition is not first order. Contrary to naive expectations the mass defect increases when for a given temperature we neglect the possibility of diquark condensation.
KeywordsQuark Matter Compact Star Mass Defect Quark Star Current Quark Mass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Rajagopal and F. Wilczek, In ∗Shifman, M. (ed.): At the frontier of particle physics, 3 (2000) 2061; [arXiv:hep-ph/0011333.]Google Scholar
- D. Blaschke, N. K. Glendenning and A. Sedrakian (Eds.), Physics of Neutron Star Interiors, Springer Lect. Notes Phys. 578 (2001).Google Scholar
- N. K. Glendenning and F. Weber, in 2, p. 305 [arXiv:astro-ph/0106054].Google Scholar
- M. Prakash, J. M. Lattimer, A. W. Steiner and D. Page, Nucl. Phys. A 715835c; [arXiv:astro-ph/0209122].Google Scholar
- S. Fredriksson, in Workshop on Diquarks, Eds. M. Anselmino and E. Predazzi (World Scientific, Singapore, 1989) 22.Google Scholar
- D. Blaschke, H. Grigorian and D. N. Voskresensky, Astron. Astrophys. 368 (2001) 561; [arXiv:astro-ph/0009120]; H. Grigorian, D. Blaschke and D. N. Voskresensky, in preparation.Google Scholar
- C. Gocke, D. Blaschke, A. Khalatyan and H. Grigorian, arXiv:hep-ph/0104183.Google Scholar
- D. Blaschke, S. Fredriksson and A. M. Oztas, eConf C010815 (2002) 167; [arXiv:astroph/0111587].Google Scholar