Conversion Raw Materials in Industrial Production of Ultradisperse Diamonds
A pilot process of UDD chemical purification UDD using a rocket oxidizer of “melange” type with expired storage term was developed and put into practice. The process is based on oxidation of diamond-containing blend by nitric acid solutions in the temperature range of 110–320°C and pressure up to 10 MPa. Methods of preliminary treatment and purification of the oxidizer are developed. The regimes of high-pressure and temperature treatment of diamond-containing mixture with the account of elevated chemical activity of the oxidizer are optimized. Specific impurities in the oxidizer and their behavior at high temperature and pressure are studied, and methods of impurity separation from the desired product are suggested. Corrosion effect of the oxidizer and its products on suggested high-pressure equipment is investigated.
Keywordsultradispersed diamond chemical purification barothermic oxidizing nitrate oxidize utilization of conversion materials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.V. Volkov, V.V. Danilenko, and V.I. Elin. Diamond synthesis from the carbon of explosion products. Fiz. Goren. Vzryva 26(3), 123–25 (1990) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.G.V. Sakovich, P.M. Brylyakov, A.L. Verestchagin, V.F. Komarov, and V.D. Gubarevich. Production of diamond clusters by explosion and their application. Zhyrnal Vses. Khim. Obschestva. 35(5), 600–02 (1990) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.V.Y. Dolmatov, V.Y. Zhirkevich, and V.N. Postnov. Ammunition for diamonds. Dvoinie Tehnologii No. 3, 71–8 (1998) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.T.M. Gubarevich, I.S. Larionova, N.M. Kostyukova, G.A. Ryzhko, O.F. Turitsyna, L.I. Pleskach, and P.P. Sataev. A diamond purification technology. Avt. Svid. USSR No. 1770272 from 22.06.92.Google Scholar
- 5.T.M. Gubarevich, I.S. Larionova, G.A. Ryzhko, N.M. Kostyukova, and R.R. Sataev. Purification of diamond-containing mixtures. Avt. Svid. USSR No. 1830883 from 13.10.92.Google Scholar
- 6.T.M. Gubarevich, A.P. Korzhenevskii, and D.N. Gamanovich. A commercial system for production of ultradispersed diamonds. Superhard Materials No. 4, 14–19 (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.T.M. Gubarevich and A.P. Korzhenevskii. Method for treatment of Ultradisperse diamond. Application for a patent (Belarus) No. 19981035; 12.17.98.Google Scholar
- 8.T.M. Gubarevich, A.P. Korzhenevskii, and D.N. Gamanovich. Reactive vessel for purification of Ultradisperse diamond with oxidizers. Application for a patent (Belarus) No. a20020513; 13.06.02.Google Scholar