Facilities for Ultradisperse Diamond Production
We develop an industrial system for a large scale production of ultradispersed diamond (UDD). The system includes set-ups for synthesis and chemical purification of detonation soot as well as experimental shops for additional and deep purification and modification of UDD.
In detonation synthesis, we use “wet” and “dry” technologies when explosion is carrying out in water and gas atmosphere correspondingly. For purification of detonation soot we use the chemical treatment in bynitric-acid aqueous solution at high pressure and temperature in an autoclave. The process occurs in a continuous regime with a technological cycle of 4–6 days, providing large UDD batches of uniform and reproducible quality. The chemical treatment occurs in 5 temperature zones by varying the velocity of the reactive suspension in laminar and intermediary flow regimes. Non-carbon accumulation in the UDD powder and impurities in the waste acid have been studied. Methods for additional purification of UDD from soluble and insoluble impurities and admixtures are suggested, together with ways of decreasing titanium corrosion.
Keywordsutradispersed diamond detonation synthesis chemical purification diamond containing soot oxidation large scale UDD production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.M. Gubarevich, A.P. Korzhenevsky, D.N. Gamanovich, V.Yu. Dolmatov. Method of chemical purification of ultradispersed diamond from impurities. Patent of Belarus No. 4533; 25.02.02. Priority date 20.10.95.Google Scholar
- 2.T.M. Gubarevich, D.N. Gamanovich, A.P. Korzhenevsky. S.M. Azarov, V.E. Romanenkov. Method of isolation of UDD. Patent of Belarus No.4532 of 25.02.02. Priority date 13.10.95.Google Scholar
- 3.T.M. Gubarevich, A.P. Korzhenevsky, D.N. Gamanovich. Industrial complex for ultradispersed diamond production. Superhard Materials, No. 1, 25–30 (1999) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.T.M. Gubarevich and A.P. Korzhenevsky. Method for treatment of Ultradisperse diamond. Patent Application (Belarus) No. 19981035; Priority date 12.17.98.Google Scholar
- 5.T.M. Gubarevich and A.P. Korzhenevsky. Method of producing of diamond-containing synthetic materials. Application for a patent (Belarus) No. a20020330; Priority date 18.04.02.Google Scholar