Part of the Solid Mechanics and Its Applications book series (SMIA, volume 123)
KeywordsResidual Stress Stress Intensity Factor Interface Crack Strain Energy Release Rate Double Cantilever Beam
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.1.Dundurs, J. (1969) ‘Edge-bonded dissimilar orthogonal elastic wedges,’ iJournal of Applied Mechanics 36, 650–652.Google Scholar
- 12.2.Rice, J.R. and Sih, G.C. (1965) ‘Plane problems of cracks in dissimilar media,’ Journal of Applied Mechanics 32, 418–423.Google Scholar
- 12.3.Rice, J.R., Suo, Z. and Wang, J.-S. (1990) ‘Mechanics and thermodynamics of brittle interfacial failure in bimaterial systems,’ In Metal-Ceramic Interfaces, M. Ruhle, A.G. Evans, M.F. Ashby and J.P. Hirth, eds, Pergamon Press, New York, 269–294.Google Scholar
- 12.4.Suo, Z. and Hutchinson, J.W. (1990) ‘Interface crack between two elastic layers,’ International Journal of Fracture 43, 1–18.Google Scholar
- 12.5.Cao, H.C. and Evans, A.G. (1989) ‘An experimental study of the fracture resistance of bimaterial interface,’ Mechanics of Materials 7, 295–305.Google Scholar
- 12.6.Thouless, M.D. (1990) ‘Fracture of a model interface under mixed-mode loading,’ Acta Metallurgica 38, 1135–1140.Google Scholar
- 12.7.Wang, J.S. and Suo, Z. (1990) ‘Experimental determination of interfacial toughness using Brazilnut-sandwich,’ Acta Metallurgica 38, 1279–1290.Google Scholar
- 12.8.Hutchinson, J.W. and Suo, Z. (1992) ‘Mixed mode cracking in layered materials,’ In Advances in Applied Mechanics, Vol. 29, J.W. Hutchinson and T.Y. Wu, eds, 63–191.Google Scholar
- 12.9.Charalambides, P.G., Lund, J, Evans, A.G. and McMeeking. R.M. (1989) ‘A test specimen for determining the fracture resistance of bimaterial interfaces,’ Journal of Applied Mechanics 101, 77–82.Google Scholar
- 12.10.O’Dowd, N., Shih, C., and Stout, M. (1992) ‘Test geometries for measuring interfacial fracture toughness,’ International Journal of Solids and Structures 29, 571–589.Google Scholar
- 12.11.Bagchi, A., Lucas, G.E., Suo, Z., and Evans, A.G. (1994) ‘A new procedure for measuring the decohesion energy for thin ductile films on substrates,’ Journal of Materials Research 9, 1734–1741.Google Scholar
© Springer 2005