A Brief Introduction to the Principal Provisions of the International Legal Regime Governing Fisheries in the EEZ
- 921 Downloads
KeywordsFish Stock Coastal State Exclusive Economic Zone Maximum Sustained Yield Precautionary Approach
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Caddy, J. and K. Cochrane, 2001, A Review of Fisheries Management Past and Present, and some Future Perspectives for the Third Millennium, Ocean and Coastal Management, 44: 653–682.Google Scholar
- Edeson W.R., 1999a, Towards Long-term Sustainable use: Some Recent Developments in the Legal Regime of Fisheries, in: International Law and Sustainable Development Past Achievements and Future Challenges, Freestone D. and A. Boyle, eds, Oxford University Press, Oxford and New York, pp 165–204.Google Scholar
- Edeson, W. R., 1999b, Legal Aspects of the Collection of Fisheries data, FAO Fisheries Circular, 953, FAO, Rome.Google Scholar
- Edeson W.R., 1999c, Closing the Gap: The role of ‘soft’ international Instruments to Control Fishing, Australian Yearbook of International Law, 20: 83–104.Google Scholar
- Edeson, W.R., 2000, Confusion over the Use of UNCLOS, International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law, 15: 413–419.Google Scholar
- Edeson W.R., D Freestone and E Gudmundsdottir, 2001, Legislating for Sustainable Fisheries: A Guide to Implementing the 1993 FAO Compliance Agreement and 1995 UN Fish Stocks Agreement, The World Bank, Washington D. C.Google Scholar
- Franckx, E., 2000, Pacta Tertiis and the Agreement for the Implementation of the Provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea of 10 December 1982 Relating to the Conservation and management of Straddling Fish Stocks and Highly Migratory Fish Stocks, FAO Legal Papers on Line, www.fao.org/Legal/default.htmGoogle Scholar
- Grainger, R., 2000, High Seas Fishing Vessel Database, in: Current Fisheries Issue and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, M Nordquist and N Moore, eds, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, The Hague.Google Scholar
- Rayfuse, R., 1999, The United Nations Agreement on Straddling and Highly Migratory Fish Stocks as an Objective Regime: A Case of Wishful Thinking?, Australian Yearbook of International Law, 20: 253–278.Google Scholar
© Springer 2005