Expert System for the Total Design of Mechanical Systems with Gears
The CAD of mechanical systems involve activities specific to a given expertise domain and operate with two information categories: knowledge and data. Expert rule based knowledge processing generally works with qualitative information and involves searching for suitable solutions principles and their combination into concept variants. Data processing is based on computational models and it is supposed to be inter-related with reasoning in the knowledge process. An Intelligent Integrated System is proposed in this paper to design gearboxes as independent products. For the proposed expert — CAD/CAE/CAM system for gearbox design, the CATIA package is used to allow the integration of knowledge processing activities with solid modeling, performance analysis and manufacturing aspects.
Key wordsexpert systems computer aided design gearboxes total design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. DAIZHONG, Design Automation with the Aids of Multiple Artificial Intelligence Techniques. (Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications, vol 7, No. 1, 1999, pp. 23–29).Google Scholar
- 3.C. F. KIRSHMAN, G. M. FADEL, Classifying Functions for Mechanical Design (Journal of Mechanical Design (1998), vol. 120, pp 475–482).Google Scholar
- 4.A. KUSIAK, N. LARSON, Decomposition and Representation Methods in Mechanical Design. (Transactions of the ASME. Special 50th Anniversary Design Issue (1995), vol. 117, pp 17–23).Google Scholar
- 5.G. MOGAN, E. V. BUTILA, Expert Systems in Design of Mechanical Systems. (Part II. Design of Rolling Bearings Subsystems. Ovidius University Annals of Mechanic Engineering — Tehnonav 2004, vol.6, 2004).Google Scholar
- 6.G. PAHL, W. BEITZ, Engineering Design. A Systematic Approach. (Springer-Verlag, 1988).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. SHIMOMURA, M. YOSIOKA, H. TAKEDA, Y. UMEDA, T. TOMIYAMA, Representation of Design Object Based on the Functional Evolution Process Model. (Journal Of Mechanical Design, 1998, vol. 120, pp 221–229).Google Scholar
- 9.F. SPRUMONT, P. XIROUCHAKIS, Towards a Knowledge-Based Model for the Computer Aided Design Process (Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications vol. 10, 2, 2002, pp 129–141).Google Scholar