Cellular Heterogeneity of the Neonatal SVZ and its Contributions to Forebrain Neurogenesis and Gliogenesis
KeywordsOlfactory Bulb Neural Stem Cell Subventricular Zone Ventricular Zone Radial Glia
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Altman, J. and Das, G.D. (1966). Autoradiographic and histological studies of postnatal neurogenesis. I. A longitudinal investigation of the kinetics, migration and transformation of cells incorporating tritiated thymidine in neonate rats, with special reference to postnatal neurogenesis in some brain regions. J. Comp. Neurol. 126: 337–389.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Angevine, J.B. and Sidman, R.L. (1961). Autoadiographic study of cell migration during histogenesis of cerebral cortex in the mouse. Nature 192: 766–768.Google Scholar
- Bayer, S.A. and Altman, J. (1991). Neocortical Development. New York, NY Raven Press.Google Scholar
- His, W. (1904). Die Entwicklung des menschlichen Gehirn Wåhrend der ersten Monate. Leipzig, von S. Hirzel.Google Scholar
- Kershman, J., (1938). The medulloblast and the medulloblastoma. Archives of Neurological Psychiatry 40: 937–967.Google Scholar
- Malatesta, P., Hartfuss, E. and Gotz, M. (2000). Isolation of radial glial cells by fluorescent-activated cell sorting reveals a neuronal lineage. Development—Supplement 127: 5253–5263.Google Scholar
- Marshall, C.A. and Goldman, J.E. (2002). Subpallial dlx2-expressing cells give rise to astrocytes and oligodendrocytes in the cerebral cortex and white matter. J. Neurosci. 20: 30–42.Google Scholar
- Nait-Oumesmar, B., Decker, L., Lachapelle, F., Avellana-Adalid, V., Bachelin, C. and Van Evercooren, A.B. (1999). Progenitor cells of the adult mouse subventricular zone proliferate, migrate and differentiate into oligodendrocytes after demyelination. Eur. J. Neurosci. 11: 4357–4366.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Paterson, J.A., Privat, A., Ling, E.A. and Leblond, C.P. (1973). Investigation of glial cells in semithin sections III Transformation of subependymal cells into glial cells as shown by radioautography after 3H-thymidine injection into the lateral ventricle of the brain of young rats. J. Comp. Neurol. 149: 83–102.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Spassky, N., Heydon, K., Mangatal, A., Jankovski, A., Olivier, C., Queraud-Lesaux, F., Goujet-Zalc, C., Thomas, J.L. and Zalc, B. (2001). Sonic hedgehog-dependent emergence of oligodendrocytes in the telencephalon: evidence for a source of oligodendrocytes in the olfactory bulb that is independent of PDGFRalpha signaling. Development 128: 4993–5004.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Zerlin, M., Milosevic, A. and Goldman, J.E. (2004). Glial progenitors of the neonatal subventricular zone differentiate asynchronously, leading to spatial dispersion of glial clones and to the persistence of immature glia in the adult mammalian CNS. Dev. Biol. 270: 200–213.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006