Part of the New ICMI Study Series book series (NISS, volume 9)
Philippine Perspective on the ICMI Comparative Study
KeywordsMathematics Education Teacher Training Level Training High School Teacher Lesson Guide
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ma, Liping, 1999, Knowing and Teaching Elementary Mathematics. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Nebres, B.F., 1980, Major Trends from ICME IV: A Southeast Asian Perspective, in: Teaching Teachers, Teaching Students, Steen and Albers, eds., Birkhauser, Boston, pp.56–67.Google Scholar
- Nebres, B.F., 1988, School Mathematics in the 1990s: Recent Trends and the Challenge to Developing Countries, in: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress on Mathematical Education, Ann & Keith Hirst, eds., Budapest, Hungary.Google Scholar
- Nebres, B.F., 2003, Demographics and Basic Education, paper presented at Annual Scientific Meeting of the National Academy of Science and Technology, July 10, 2003.Google Scholar
- Oracion, C., 2003, A Report on Initiatives towards Improving Achievement in Mathematics at the Basic Education Level, report prepared for the Department of Education.Google Scholar
- Stevenson, H.W. and Stigler, J.W., 1992, The Learning Gap, Simon and Schuster, New York.Google Scholar
- Stigler, J.W. and Hiebert, J, 1999, The Teaching Gap, Simon and Schuster, New York.Google Scholar
- Talisayon, V.M. et al, 1998, Materials and Methods in Basic Education and In-Service Teacher Training in Science and Mathematics, in: Science Education in the Philippines: Challenges for Development, Technical Papers (Vol. I), E.B. Ogena and F.G. Brawner, eds., pp. 107–147. Manila: NAST, SEI & CIDS.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006