Part of the Protein Reviews book series (PRON, volume 1)
Structure and Function of a Viral Encoded K+ Channel
KeywordsInfluenza Virus Xenopus Oocyte Channel Protein Selectivity Filter Host Plasma Membrane
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boulanger, P. and Letellier, L. (1988). Characterization of ion channels involved in the penetration of phage T4 DNA into Escherichia coli cells. J. Biol. Chem. 15, 9767–9775.Google Scholar
- Derst, C. and Karschin, A. (1998). Evolutionary link between prokaryotic and eukaryotic K+ channels. J. Exp. Biol. 201, 2791–2799.Google Scholar
- Hille, B. (2001). Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3nd edn. Sinauer Associates Inc., Sunderland, MA.Google Scholar
- Kelly, M.L., Cook, J.A., Brown-Augsburger, P., Heinz, B.A., Smith, M.C., and Pinto, L.H. (2003). Demonstrating the intrinsic ion channel activity of virally encoded proteins. FEBS Lett. (in press).Google Scholar
- Schrempf, H., Schimdt, O., Kümmerlen, R., Hinnah, S., Müller, D., Betzler, M. et al. (1995). EMBO J. 114, 5170–5178.Google Scholar
- Van Etten, J.L. (2000). Phycodnaviridae. In M.H.V. Van Regenmortel, C.M. Fauquet, D.H.L. Bishop, E.B. Carstens, M.K. Estes, S.M. Lemon et al. (eds), Virus Taxonomy, Classification and Nomenclature of Viruses, 7th rep., Academic Press, San Diego: CA, pp. 183–193.Google Scholar
- Very, A.A. and Sentenac, H. (2002). Cation channels in the Arabidopsis plasma membrane. Trends Plant Sci. 7, 168–175.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York 2005