Part of the Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering book series (BIOMEDICAL)
KeywordsCentral Pattern Generator Electrical Synapse Childhood Absence Epilepsy Rhythmic Burst Stomatogastric Ganglion
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Further Reading
- Hille B . Ionic Channels of Excitable Membranes (2nd edition). Sunderland MA: Sinauer Associates, Inc.Google Scholar
- Kaczmarek LK, and Levitan IB . Neuromodulation. New York: Oxford University Press, Inc.Google Scholar
- Nicholls JG, Wallace BG, Fuchs PA, and Martin AR . From Neuron to Brain: A Cellular Approach to the Function of the Nervous System (4th edition). Sunderland MA: Sinauer Associates, Inc.Google Scholar
- Huguenard JR, and Prince DA . A novel T-type current underlies prolonged Ca2+ dependent burst firing in GABAergic neurons of rat thalamic reticular nucleus. J. Neurosci., 12: 3804–3817.Google Scholar
- McCormick DA, and Huguenard JR . A model of the electrophysiological properties of thalamocortical relay neurons. J. Neurophysiol., 68: 1384–1400.Google Scholar
- Steriade M, Amzica F, and Contreras D . Sunchronization of fast (30–40Hz) spontaneous cortical rhythms during brain activation. J. Neurosci., 16: 392–417.Google Scholar
GABAergic Neurons and Gap Junction-Mediated Synchrony
Central Pattern Generators
- Marder E, and Calabrese RL . Principles of rhythmic motor pattern generation. Physiol. Rev., 76: 687–717.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005