Marketing: A Consumer Disaster?
- 547 Downloads
KeywordsPrice Discrimination Consumer Market Price Dispersion Sales Representative Consumer Interest
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brobeck, S., Herrmann, R.O. & Mayer, R.N. (Eds.), (1997). Encyclopedia of the consumer movement. Abc-Clio Inc.Google Scholar
- Galbraith, J.K. (1958). The affluent society. Bombay: Asia Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Geistfeld, L.V. (1988). The price-quality relationship: The evidence we have, the evidence we need. In: E.S. Maynes (Ed.), The frontier of research in the consumer interest, pp. 143–172. Columbia, MO: American Council on Consumer Interests.Google Scholar
- Hansell, S. (2003). Internet is losing ground in battle against spam. New York Times, April 22, C-1, C-4.Google Scholar
- Mayer, R.N. (1989). The consumer movement: guardians of the marketplace. Boston: Twayne Publishers.Google Scholar
- Maynes, E.S. (1976a). The concept and measurement of product quality. In: N. Terleckyj (Ed.), Household production and consumption, pp. 529–560. New York: National Bureau of Economic Research.Google Scholar
- Maynes, E.S. (1976b). Decision-making for consumers, An introduction to consumer economics. New York: Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Maynes, E.S. (1990). An information desiderata evaluation of sources of consumer information. In: R.N. Mayer (Ed.), Enhancing consumer choice, pp. 491–509. Columbia, MO: American Council on Consumer Interests.Google Scholar
- Maynes, E.S. (1993). Two challenges: Values and informationally imperfect consumer markets. In: T. A. Mauldin (Ed.), Proceedings, 3rd Annual Conference of the American Council on Consumer Interests, pp. 19–28. Columbia, MO: American Council on Consumer Interests.Google Scholar
- Mitchell, W.C. (1912). The backward art of spending money, American Economic Review, 2(1), 269–281.Google Scholar
- Nestle, M. (2002). How the food industry influences nutrition and health. Berkeley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Riesz, P.C. (1978). Price versus quality in the marketplace, 1961–1976. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 54(4), 15–28.Google Scholar
- Stiglitz, J.E. (1979). Equilibrium in product markets with imperfect information. American Economic Review 69(2), 339–345.Google Scholar
- Teague, C.E. (1953). Survey of Cancer Research with Emphasis upon Possible Carcinogens from Tobacco. RJR document dated February 2Google Scholar
- Tierney, C. (2003). American Drivers: Stiffed on Safety? Business Week April 28, 96.Google Scholar
- Wilkie, W.L. & Moore, E.S. (1999). Marketing's contributions to society. Journal of Marketing, (Special Issue), 198–218Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005