Variational Inequalities in Vector Optimization
In this paper we investigate the links among generalized scalar variational inequalities of differential type, vector variational inequalities and vector optimization problems. The considered scalar variational inequalities are obtained through a nonlinear scalarization by means of the so called “oriented distance” function [14,15].
In the case of Stampacchia-type variational inequalities, the solutions of the proposed ones coincide with the solutions of the vector variational inequalities introduced by Giannessi . For Minty-type variational inequalities, analogous coincidence happens under convexity hypotheses. Furthermore, the considered variational inequalities reveal useful in filling a gap between scalar and vector variational inequalities. Namely, in the scalar case Minty variational inequalities of differential type represent a sufficient optimality condition without additional assumptions, while in the vector case the convexity hypothesis is needed. Moreover it is shown that vector functions admitting a solution of the proposed Minty variational inequality enjoy some well-posedness properties, analogously to the scalar case .
KeywordsVariational Inequality Strong Solution Vector Optimization Vector Optimization Problem Vector Variational Inequality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Crespi G.P., Guerraggio A., Rocca, M.: Minty variational inequality and optimization: scalar and vector case, to appear in the Proceedings of the VII Symposium on Generalized Convexity-Monotonicity, Hanoi, Vietnam, August 2002.Google Scholar
- Crespi G.P., Ginchev I., Rocca M.: Existence of solutions and star-shapedness in Minty variational inequality. J. Global Optim., to appear.Google Scholar
- Giannessi, F.: Theorems of the alternative, quadratic programs and complementarity problems, in Variational Inequalities and Complementarity Problems. Theory and applications (R.W. Cottle, F. Giannessi, J.L. Lions eds.), Wiley, New York, pp. 151–186, 1980.Google Scholar
- Giannessi F.: On Minty variational principle, in New Trends in Mathematical Programming, Kluwer, Dordrecht pp. 93–99, 1997.Google Scholar
- Ginchev I., Guerraggio A., Rocca M.: From scalar to vector optimization. Appl. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- Zaffaroni A.: Degrees of efficiency and degrees of minimality. SIAM J. Optimization, to appear.Google Scholar