Part of the International and Cultural Psychology Series book series (ICUP)
Mental Health and Social Care for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
A comparative study
KeywordsMental Health Mental Health Care Service Provision Social Care Asylum Seeker
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gijswijt-Hofstra, M. and Porter, R. (eds.) (1996) Cultures of psychiatry and mental health care in postwar Britain and the Netherlands. Amsterdam: Rodopi.Google Scholar
- Ingleby, D. and Watters, C. (2002) Refugee children at school: good practices in mental health and social care. Education and Health 40, 43–45. Available in pdf format at http://www.sheu.org.uk/pubs/eh.html.Google Scholar
- Kleinman, A. (1981) Patients and healers in the context of culture: an exploration of the borderland between anthropology, medicine and psychiatry. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- UNHCR (2003) Asylum applications lodged in industrialized countries: Levels and trends, 2000–2002. Geneva: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (www.unhcr.ch).Google Scholar
- Walters, C. (2001) Emerging paradigms in the mental health care of refugees. Social Science and Medicine 52, 1709–1718.Google Scholar
- Watters, C. (2001) Evaluation Report on the Breathing Space Project-an innovative mental health project for refugees and asylum seekers. Canterbury: University of Kent.Google Scholar
- Watters, C., Ingleby, D., Bernal, M., De Freitas, C., De Ruuk, N,, Van Leeuwen, M. & Venkalesan, S. (2003) Good practice in mental health and social care for asylum seekers and refugees. Final Report of project for the European Commission (European Refugee Fund). Canterbury: University of Kent. Copies of the report are available al cost price from the second project leader, e-mail J.D.Ingleby@fss.uu.nl, address: ERCOMER, Utrecht University, P.O. Box 80.140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands. The report can also be downloaded in Word format at www.ercomer.org/staff/DIN.html.Google Scholar
© Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005