KeywordsFossil Record Trace Fossil Animal Life Prokaryotic Cell Continental Drift
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Chapter 5. How to Build Animals
- Akam, M., et al., eds. 1994. The evolution of developmental mechanisms. Cambridge, England: The Company of Biologists, Ltd.Google Scholar
- Chen, J.-Y., and Erdtmann, B.-D. 1991. Lower Cambrian fossil lagerstatte from Chengjiang, Yunnan, China: Insights for reconstructing early metazoan life. In The early evolution of metazoa and the significance of problematic taxa, ed. A. M. Simonetta and S. Conway Morris, pp. 57–76. Cambridge, England: Cambridge Univ. Press.Google Scholar
- Crimes, T. P. 1994. The period of early evolutionary failure and the dawn of evolutionary success: The record of biotic changes across the Precambrian—Cambrian boundary. In The paleobiology of trace fossils, ed. S. K. Donovan, pp. 105–133. London: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Evans, D. A.; Ripperdan, R. L.; and Kirschvink, J. L. 1998. Polar wander and the Cambrian (response). Science 279:16. Full article accessible at http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/279/5347/9a Google Scholar
- Fedonkin, M. A., and B. M. Waggoner. 1996. The Vendian fossil Kimberella: The oldest mollusk known. Geological Society of America, Abstracts with Program. 28(7):A–53.Google Scholar
- Gerhart, J., and Kirschner, M. 1997. Cells, embryos, and evolution Toward a cellular and developmental understanding of phenotypic variation and evolutionary adaptability. Boston: Blackwell Science Inc.Google Scholar
- Margulis, L., and Sagan, D. 1986. Microcosmos. New York: Simon & Schuster.Google Scholar
- Raff, R. A. 1996. The shape of life. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Schwartzman, D., and Shore, S. 1996. Biotically mediated surface cooling and habitability for complex life. In Circumstellar habitable zones, ed. L. Doyle, pp. 421–443. Menlo Park, CA: Travis House.Google Scholar
© Peter D. Ward and Donald Brownlee 2000