Part of the Modeling Dynamic Systems book series (MDS)
Landscape Optimization: Applications of a Spatial Ecosystem Model
KeywordsLocal Optimum Solution Goal Function National Atmospheric Deposition Program Spatial Optimization Fertilizer Amount
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bulirsch, R., A. Miele, J. Stoer, and K.H. Well. 1993. Optimal control—Calculus of variations, optimal control theory and numerical methods. International Series of Numerical Mathematics, III, Birkhäuser; Basel.Google Scholar
- Burke, I.C., D.S. Schimel, C.M. Yonker, W.J. Parton, L.A. Joyce, and W.K. Lauenroth. 1990. Regional modeling of grassland biogeochemistry using GIS. Landscape Ecology 4(1):45–54.Google Scholar
- CBP. 2001. Chesapeake Bay Program. Available from http://www.chesapeakebay.net.
- R. Costanza, A. Voinov, R. Boumans, T. Maxwell, F. Villa, L. Wainger, and H. Voinov. 2001. Case study: Patuxent River watershed, Maryland. In R. Costanza, B. Low, E. Ostrom, and J. Wilson, Eds. Institutions, Ecosystems, and Sustainability. Lewis: Boca Raton, p. 179–230.Google Scholar
- Davis, J.C. 1984. Statistical Data Analysis in Geology. John Wiley & Sons: New York.Google Scholar
- Engel, B.A., R. Srinivasan, and C. Rewerts. 1993. A Spatial decision support systemor modeling and managing agricultural non-point-source pollution, in Environmental Modeling with GIS (Goodchild M.F., B.O.P., and L.T. Steyaert, eds.). Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Fitz, H.C. and F.H. Sklar. 1999. Ecosystem analysis of phosphorus impacts and altered hydrology in the Everglades: A landscape modeling approach. 585–620 In K.R. Reddy, G.A. O’Connor, and C.L. Schelske, Eds. Phosphorus Biogeochemistry in Subtropical Ecosystems. Lewis Publishers: Boca Raton, FL., pp 585–620.Google Scholar
- Jaklitsch, F. (1997). Comprehensive Plan Calvert County, Maryland. Planning Commission. Available from http://www.co.cal.md.us/planning/compplan/compmain.
- Maxwell, T. and R. Costanza. 1995. Distributed modular spatial ecosystem modelling. 5(3):247–262; special issue on advanced simulation methodologies.Google Scholar
- NADP. 2000. NRSP-3/National Trends Network. NADP Program Office, Illinois State Water Survey, Champaign, IL. Available from Available from www.nadp.sws.uiuc.edu/nadpdata/monthlyRequest.asp?site=MD03.Google Scholar
- Nevo, A., R. Oad, and T.H. Podmore. 1993. An integrated expert system for optimal crop planning. Agricultural Systems, 45:13–92.Google Scholar
- Randhir, T.O., J.G. Lee, and B. Engel. 2000. Multiple criteria dynamic spatial optimization to manage water quality on a watershed scale, Transaction of American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 43(2):291–299.Google Scholar
- Sasowsky, C.K. and T.W. Gardner. 1991. Watershed configuration and geographic information system parameterization for SPUR model hydrologic simulations. Water Resources Bulletin 27(1):7–18.Google Scholar
- USGS. 1995. Maryland NWIS-W Data Retrieval. Available from www.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis-w/MD.Google Scholar
- USGS. 1997. Maryland Surface-Water Data Retrieval. Available from www.h2o.usgs.gov/swr/MD.Google Scholar
- Voinov, A., H.V. Voinov, R. Boumans, and R. Costanza. 1999. Environmental modeling of Calvert county buildout scenarios using hunting creek as a case study. Report to Calvert County Board of Commissioners, Ref. No. [UMCES] CBL 98-166.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 2004