An Epidemiological Framework for the Delivery of Health Care Services
KeywordsHealth Care Service Health Care Utilization Birth Certificate Health Maintenance Organization Health Care Manager
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ford, E. S., Will, J. C., De Proost Ford, M. A., and Mokdad. A. H., 1998, Health insurance status and cardiovascular disease risk factors among 50-to 64-year-old US women: Findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, J. Women’s Health 7:997–1006.Google Scholar
- Herbert-Croteau, N., Brisson, J., and Pineault, R., 2000, Review of organizational factors related to care offered to women with breast cancer, Epid. Review 22:228–238.Google Scholar
- Institute of Medicine, 1997, America’s Vital Interest in Global Health: Protecting Our People, Enhancing Our Economy, and Advancing Our International Interests, National Academy Press, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- McAlpine, D. D., and Mechanic, D., 2000, Utilization of specialty mental health care among persons with severe mental illness: The roles of demographics, need, insurance, and risk, HSR: Health Services Res. 35:277–292.Google Scholar
- McPhillips-Tangum, C. A., Lewis, N. A., Ward-Coleman, C., Koplan, J. P., Lee, P., Batchlor, E., Kamil, I. J., and Small, A., 1996, Use of a data-based approach to identify and address physician barriers to pediatric vaccination-California, 1995, Morbid. Mortal. Week. Rev. 45:188–190.Google Scholar
- MacKay, A. P., Fingerhut, L. A., and Duran, G. R., 2000, Health United States, 2000, with Adolescent Health Chartbook, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD.Google Scholar
- Murray, C. J. L., and Lopez, A. D., 1997, Regional patterns of disability-free life expectancy and disability-adjusted life expectancy: Global Burden of Disease Study, Lancet 39:1347–1352.Google Scholar
- National Center for Health Statistics, 2000, Prevalence of BMI, overweight and obesity: United States, 1960–1994 (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhanes/overweight.pdf).
- Oleske, D. M., Glandon, G. L., Giacomelli, G., and Hohmann, S., 1991, The cesarean birth rate: Influence of hospital teaching status, HSR: Health Services Res. 23:325–337.Google Scholar
- Rhoades, J., Brown, E., and Vistnes, J., 2000, Health Insurance Status of the Civilian Noninstitutionalized Population: 1998, AHRQ Pub. No. 00-0023, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.Google Scholar
- Rubin, R. J., 1984, Epidemiology of end stage renal disease and implications for public policy, Pub. Health Rep. 99:492–498.Google Scholar
- Schoen, C., Neuman, P., Kitchman, M., Davis, K., and Rowland, D., 1998, Medicare Beneficiaries: A Population at Risk, The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and the Commonwealth Fund, Menlo Park, CA; New York.Google Scholar
- Selby, J. V., Fireman, B. H., Lundstrom, R. J., Swain, B. E., Truman, A. E, Wong, C. C., Froelicher, E. S., Barron, H. V., and Hlatky, M. A., 1996, Variation among hospitals in coronary angiography practices and outcomes after myocardial infarction in a large health maintenance organization, N. Engl. J. Med. 335:188–196.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Shorten, S. M., Jones, R. H., Rademaker, A. W., Gillies, R. R., Dranove, D. S., Hughes, E. F. X., Budetti, P. O., Reynolds, K., and Huang, C., 2000, Assessing the impact of total quality management of organizational culture on multiple outcomes of care for coronary artery bypass graft surgery patients, Med. Care 38:207–217.Google Scholar
- Spector, W. D., and Takada, H., 1991, Characteristics of nursing homes that affect resident outcomes, J. Aging Health 30:427–454.Google Scholar
- Svahn, J. A., and Ross, M., 1983, Social Security amendments of 1983: Legislative history and summary of provisions, Soc. Sec. Bull. 5:3–48.Google Scholar
- Svennignsen, N. W., 1992, Neonatal intensive care, Int. J. Technol. Assess. Health Care 8:457–468.Google Scholar
- US Census Bureau, 1975, Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, Series B-14, 93rd Congress, 1st Session, House Document, No. 93–78 (Part 1).Google Scholar
- US Census Bureau, 2000, Characteristics of the Hispanic Population (http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/hispanic/cps99/99gifshow/sld002.htm).
- US Department of Health and Human Services, 2000, Healthy people 2010-Conference ed. US Government Printing Office, Washington DC.Google Scholar
- Wennberg, J. E., 1996, The Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care, American Hospital Publishing, Chicago, IL.Google Scholar
- World Health Organization, 1948, Test of the Constitution of World Health Organization Official Records, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.Google Scholar
- World Health Organization, 2000, The World Health Report 2000, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002