Stochastic Source Models and Applications to ATM
- 103 Downloads
The subject of this paper is the theory of the relationships between the main statistical parameters of voice, data and video sources. Examples are given throughout to illustrate how the source models can be parameterised and used. The mathematics is kept as simple and self-explanatory as possible.
KeywordsATM Source Models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Baio91]A. Baiocchi, et al:’ Loss Performance Analysis of an ATM Multiplexer Loaded with High-Speed ON-OFF Sources’, IEEE JSAC, Vol. SAC-9, No. 3, pp.388–393, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Blon89]C. Blondia, T. Theimer ‘A Discrete Time Model for ATM Traffic’ RACE 1022, PRLB_123_0018_CD_CC, October 1989.Google Scholar
- [Box70]G.E.P. Box, G.M. Jenkins ‘Time Series Analysis-Forecasting and Control’ Holden-Day, 1970.Google Scholar
- [Cosm94]J. Cosmas et al “A Review of Voice, Data and Video Source Models for ATM” European Transactions on Telecommunications, Vol. 5, No. 2, Mar–Apr 1994, pp11–26. ISSN 1120-3862Google Scholar
- [Cox87]D.R. Cox, H.D. Miller ‘The Theory of Stochastic Processes’ Chapman and Hall, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Klei75]L. Kleinrock ‘Queueing Systems Volume 1: Theory’ J. Wiley and Sons, 1975.Google Scholar
- [Krey70]E. Kreyszig ‘Introductory Mathematical Statistics’ J. Wiley & Sons, 1970.Google Scholar
- [Mag88]B. Maglaris, D. Anastassiou, P. Sen, G. Karlsson, J. Robbins “Performance Models of Statistical Multiplexing in Packet Video Communications” IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 36, NO. 7, July 1988.Google Scholar