Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 485)
Characterisation and Adherence Mechanisms of Escherichia coli Strains Causing Infections in Patients with a Reconstructed Bladder
KeywordsVirulence Determinant Asymptomatic Bacteriuria PFGE Pattern PFGE Analysis Faecal Isolate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Webster, G.D., and Ramon, J., 1992, Bladder Augmentation and Reconstruction. In Surgical Management of Urologic Disease, an Anatomic Approach (M.J. Droller, ed.) Mosby-Year Book, Inc. pp. 601–617.Google Scholar
- 2.Rowland, R.G., 1991, Intestine for Bladder Augmentation and Substitution In Bladder Reconstruction and Continent Urinary Diversion. (L.R. King, A. R. Stone, and G. D. Webster, ed.) Mosby-Year book, Inc. pp-25–28.Google Scholar
- 5.Blum, G., Muhldorfer, I., Kuhnert, P., Frey, J., and Hacker J.,1996, Comparative methodology to investigate the presence of Escherichia coli K-12 strains in environmental and human stool samples. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 143:77–82.Google Scholar
- 6.Nakano, Y., Fujisawa, M., Matsui, T., Arakawa, S., and Kamidono, S.,1999, The significance of the difference in bacterial adherence between bladder and ileum using rat ileal augmented bladder. The Journal of Urology. 162: 243–247.Google Scholar
- 7.Dudgeon, L.S., Wordley, E., and Bawtree, F, 1921, On Bacillus coli infections of the urinary tract, especially in relation to haemolytic organisms. The Journal of Hygiene. 20: 137–164.Google Scholar
- 8.Caprioli, A., V. Falbo, F. M. Ruggeri, L. Baldassarri, R. Bisicchia, G. Ippolito, E. Romoli and G. Donelli. 1987. Cytotoxic necrotising factor production by haemolytic strains of Escherichia coli causing extraintestinal infections. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 27: 758–761.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002