A modular coding of UNITY in COQ
We present a modular embedding of Unity in Coq. Special care has been put on the representation of Unity programs and on the logic used. To keep elimination of invariants and composability of safety properties, we introduce a notion of context. The definition of progress is strengthened so that we can keep progress properties when programs are composed. This is a generalization of the ad’hoc notion of “conditional progress” properties. We present fully mechanized proofs of consistency and completeness for this new system.
KeywordsLinear Temporal Logic Safety Property Concurrent Program Unity Program Fairness Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [APP93]F. Andersen, K.D. Petersen, and J.S. Petterson. Program verification using HOL-UNITY. In J.J. Joyce and C.-J.H. Seger, editors, International Workshop on Higher Order Logic Theorem Proving and its Applications, pages 1–16, Vancouver, Canada, August 1993. University of British Columbia, Springer Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 780, published 1994.Google Scholar
- [BM93]Naïma Brown and Dominique Mery. A proof environment for concurrent programs. In FME'93: Industrial-Strength Formal Methods, number 670 in LNCS, pages 196–215, 1993.Google Scholar
- [CH88]Th. Coquand and G. Huet. The calculus of constructions. Information and Computation, (76):95–120, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Che95]Boutheina Chetali. Formal verification of concurrent programs: How to specify Unity using the Larch Prover. Technical Report 2475, INRIA Lorraine, 1995.Google Scholar
- [CM89]K.M. Chandy and J. Misra. Parallel Program Design. Addison-Wesley, Austin, Texas, May 1989.Google Scholar
- [Coq94]Projet Coq. The Coq Proof Assistant Reference Manual. INRIA Rocquencourt and ENS Lyon, version 5.10 edition, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Lam90]Leslie Lamport. A temporal logic of actions. Technical Report SRC-57, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Mis94]Jayadev Misra. Closure properties. unpublished manuscript on a new version of Unity, electronic version available under http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/psp/newunity.html, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Päp95]Päppinghaus. On the logic of UNITY. Theoretical Computer Science, 139, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Pra95]I.S.W.B. Prasetya. Mechanically Suported Design of Self-stabilizing Algorithms. PhD thesis, University of Utrecht, october 1995.Google Scholar
- [Rao95]J. R. Rao. Extensions of the UNITY Methodology. Number 908 in LNCS. Springer Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar