Pipelined versus non-pipelined traffic scheduling in unidirectional WDM rings
Two traffic scheduling schemes, namely, non-pipelined and pipelined scheduling, are considered for uniform traffic in unidirectional WDM rings. Their performances in terms of schedule length and through-put are compared. Optimal or near optimal schedules are obtained for a given number of wavelengths, and a given number of transceivers per node as well as their tuning time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Hinrichs, C. Kosak, D. R. O’Hallaron T. M. Stricker, and R. Take, “An architecture for optimal all-to-all personalized communication,” in Proc. Sixth Annual ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architecture (SPAA), pp. 310–319, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.C.-T. Ho and M. T. Raghunath, “Efficient communication primitives on hypercubes,” in Proc. Sixth Distributed Memory Concurrent Computers, pp. 390–397, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Scott, “Efficient all-to-all communication patterns in hypercube and mesh topologies,” in Proc. Sixth Distributed Memory Concurrent Computers, pp. 398–403, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.Y.-J. Suh and S. Yalamanchili, “All-to-all personalized exchange in two-dimension and 3-dimension tori,” in 10th International Parallel Processing Symposium, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Choi, H.-A. Choi, and M. Azizoglu, “Optimum transmission scheduling in optical broadcast networks,” in Proc. Int’l Conference on Communication, pp. 266–270, 1995.Google Scholar
- 11.M. S. Borella and B. Mukherjee, “Efficient scheduling of nonuniform packet traffic in a WDM/TDM local lightwave network with arbitrary transceiver tuning latencies,” in Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, pp. 129–137, 1995.Google Scholar
- 12.G. N. Rouskas and V. Sivaraman, “On the design of optimal TWDM schedules for broadcast WDM networks with arbitrary transceivers tuning latencies,” in Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, pp. 1217–1224, 1996.Google Scholar
- 13.C. Qiao, X. Zhang, and L. Zhou, “Scheduling all-to-all connections in WDM rings,” in SPIE Proceedings, All Optical Communication Systems: Architecture, Control and Network Issues, pp. 218–229, November 1996.Google Scholar
- 14.X. Zhang and C. Qiao, “Pipelined transmission scheduling in all-optical TDM/WDM rings,” in IC3N’97, pp. 144–149, 1997.Google Scholar
- 15.X. Zhang and C. Qiao, “Scheduling in unidirectional WDM rings and its extensions,” in SPIE Proceedings, All Optical Communication Systems: Architecture, Control and Network Issues III, pp. 208–219, 1997.Google Scholar
- 16.A. Elrefaie, “Multiwavelength survivable ring network architectures,” in Proc. Int’l Conference on Communication, pp. 1245–1251, 1993.Google Scholar
- 17.J.-C. Bermond, L. Gargano, S. Perennes, A. A. Rescigno, and U. Vaccaro, “Efficient collective communication in optical networks,” in International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming, pp. 574–585, 1996.Google Scholar