Implementation of data flow logical operations via self-assembly of DNA
Self-assembly of DNA is considered a fundamental operation in realization of molecular logic circuits. We propose a new approach to implementation of data flow logical operations based on manipulating DNA strands. In our method the logic gates, input, and output signals are represented by DNA molecules. Each logical operation is carried out as soon as the operands are ready. This technique employs standard operations of genetic engineering including radioactive labeling. To check practical utility of the method a series of genetic engineering experiments have been performed. The obtained results confirm interesting properties of the DNA-based molecular data flow logic gates. This technique may be utilized in massively parallel computers.
KeywordsLogical Operation Logic Gate Program Counter Boolean Circuit Dataflow Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Landry E., Kishida Y.: A Survey of Dataflow Architectures. Internet.Google Scholar
- Mulawka, J. J., Wąsiewicz, P.: Molecular Computing, (in Polish) Informatyka, 4, April (1998) 36–39Google Scholar
- Mulawka, J.J., Borsuk, P., Węgleński, P.: Implementation of the Inference Engine Based on Molecular Computing Technique. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC’98), Anchorage USA (1998) 493–496Google Scholar
- Ogihara M. and Ray, A.: Simulating Boolean Circuits On a DNA Computer. Technical Report TR 631, University of Rochester, Computer Science Department, August (1996)Google Scholar
- Ogihara M. and Ray, A.: The Minimum DNA Computation Model and Its Computational Power. Technical Report TR 672, University of Rochester, Singapur (1998)Google Scholar
- Martyn Amos and Paul E. Dunne. DNA Simulation of Boolean Circuits. Technical Report CTAG-97009, Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool UK (1997)Google Scholar
- Adleman, L.M.: On Constructing a Molecular Computer, InternetGoogle Scholar
- Kurtz, S., Mahaney, S., Royer, J.S., Simon, J.: Biological Computer, InternetGoogle Scholar
- Dassen, R.: A Bibliography of Molecular Computation and Splicing Systems, at the site WWW http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/bibliography/Misc/dna.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E.F., Maniatis, T.: Molecular Cloning. A Laboratory Manual. Second Edition, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (1989)Google Scholar
- Papadopoulos G.M.: Implementation of a General Purpose Dataflow Multiprocessor. PhD thesis, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, August 1988.Google Scholar