Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics book series (LNM, volume 898)
Detecting strange attractors in turbulence
KeywordsVector Field Limit Capacity Compact Manifold Hausdorff Dimension Strange Attractor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Aeyels, Generic observability of differentiable systems, preprint, April 1980, Dept. of System Dynamics, State Univ. Gent.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Frederickson, J.L. Kaplan & J.A. Yorke, The dimension of the strange attractor for a class of difference systems, preprint, June 1980, University of Maryland.Google Scholar
- 8.J.P. Gollub, The onset of turbulence: convection, surface waves, and oscillations, in Systems far from Equilibrium, Proc. Sitges Int. School and Symposium on Statistical Mech., Ed. L. Garrido, J. Garcia, Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, to appear.Google Scholar
- 9.J.P. Gollub, & S.V. Benson, Time-dependent instability and the transition to, turbulent convection, preprint, Physics Dept, Haverford College, Haverford, Pa. 19041, USA.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Herman, Mesure de Lebesgue et nombre de rotation, in Geometry and Topology, ed. J. Palis and M. do Carmo, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 597, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1977.Google Scholar
- 12.W. Hurewicz & H. Wallman, Dimension theory, Princeton University Press, 1948, Princeton, N.J.Google Scholar
- 13.L. Landau & E. Lifschitz, Méchanic des Fluides, ed. MIR, Moscow, 1971.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Mañé, On the dimension of the compact invariant sets of certain non-linear maps, preprint IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, 1980.Google Scholar
- 17.N.H. Packerd, J.P. Crutchfield, J.D. Farmer & R.S. Shaw, Geometry from the time series, preprint, May 1979, University of California, Santa Cruz, (Dynamical Systems Collective).Google Scholar
- 18.D. Rand, The pre-turbulent transitions and flows of a viscous fluid between concentric rotating cylinders, preprint Warwick University, June 1980.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1981