On Benford's law: The first digit problem
Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics book series (LNM, volume 1299)
KeywordsMaximum Modulus Fibonacci Number Summation Method Integer Sequence Linear Recurrence
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. L. Adler and A.G. Konheim, Solution of Problem 4999, Amer. Math. Monthly 70 (1963), 218–219.Google Scholar
- G. H. Hardy, Divergent series, Oxford UP, London 1949.Google Scholar
- A. Ja. Hincin, Continued fractions, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill.-London 1964.Google Scholar
- P. Kiss and R. Tichy, Distribution of the ratios of the terms of a second order linear recurrence, to appear in Indag. Math.Google Scholar
- K. Nagasaka, Statistical properties of arithmetical sequences, Doctoral thesis, Tokyo Inst. Technology 1987.Google Scholar
- K. Nagasaka and J.-S. Shiue, Benford's law for linear recurrence sequences, submitted to Tsukuba J. Math.Google Scholar
- P. Schatte, Estimates for the H∞-uniform distribution, preprint.Google Scholar
- P. Schatte, On the uniform distribution of certain sequences and Benford's law, to appear in Math. Nachr.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1988