Algebraic Topology Göttingen 1984 pp 85-115
Homology operations derived from modular coinvariants
Let GLn — GL(n,Z/2) and Tn be the lower triangular subgroup of GLn. In this paper we introduce the homology operations derived from the coinvariants of Tn and the homology operations derived from the Dickson coinvariants of GLn. The theory is developed in a very simple way. As a consequence of this theory, we can describe what will be called the "extended Dyer-Lashof algebra" and the well known algebra in terms of the coinvariants of Tn and the coinvariants of GLn.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Cartan, Séminaire de H. Cartan, E.N.G. 1954/1955.Google Scholar
- F. Cohen, T. Lada, and J.P. May, The homology of iterated loop spaces, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 533 (1976).Google Scholar
- Huynh Mui, Dickson invariants and Milnor basis of the Steenrod algebra, Eger International Colloquium on Topology, 1983.Google Scholar
- Huynh Mui, Cohomology operations derived from modular invariants, to appear in Math. Z.Google Scholar
- Huynh Mui, Homology operations derived from Dickson invariants, to appear.Google Scholar
- Huynh Mui, Alternating groups in mod p theories, to appear.Google Scholar
- J.P. May, A general algebraic approach to Steenrod operations, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 168 (1970), 153–230.Google Scholar
- N.E. Steenrod and D.B.A. Epstein, Cohomology operations, Ann. of Math. Studies N.50, Princeton University Press (1962).Google Scholar