Internet browsing on OSAM platform
The current Web has more or less reached its limits. There are serious problems in performance as well as in finding desired pieces of information. In this paper we examine ways how TINA concepts can be used in provision of the Web services on OSAM platform developed in the DOLMEN project. We present two different scenarios. In the first one the focus is on how to exploit TINA concepts when standard Web servers in the Internet are accessed. In the second one the focus is on how a Hypermedia Information Browsing application should be arranged in a TINA environment. The first one starts the evolution towards a properly engineered and well managed provision of information services. The approaches are called the gateway approach and the full OSAM approach. The gateway approach provides an end-user on TINA terminal an access to Web servers in the TCP/IP Internet. The full OSAM approach outlines how enhanced information browsing services can be deployed on a TINA platform.
KeywordsContent Provider Permanent Object Cache Manager Provider Agent Computational Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DOLMEN: Evaluation of Current Communications Technology in Hypermedia Information Browsing, DOLMEN Deliverable TAD3, December 1996.Google Scholar
- DOLMEN: Bridging and Wireless Access for Terminal Mobility in CORBA. DOLMEN Public Paper LK-OMG01, November 1997.Google Scholar
- TINA-C: Overall Concepts and Principles of TINA, Version 1.0, February 1995.Google Scholar
- TINA-C: Service Architecture, Version 4.0, October 1996.Google Scholar
- TINA-C: Business Model and Reference Points, May 1997.Google Scholar