Spatial and temporal refinement of typed graph transformation systems
- 135 Downloads
Graph transformation systems support the formal modeling of dynamic, concurrent, and distributed systems. States are given by their graphical structure, and transitions are modeled by graph transformation rules. In this paper we investigate two kinds of refinement relations for graph transformation systems in order to support the development of a module concept for graph transformation systems. In a spatial refinement each rule is refined by an amalgamation of rules, in a temporal refinement it is refined by a sequence of rules.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CEL+96]A. Corradini, H. Ehrig, M. Löwe, U. Montanari, and J. Padberg. The category of typed graph grammars and its adjunctions with categories of derivations. In 5th Int. Workshop on Graph Grammars and their Application to Computer Science, Williamsburg '94, Springer LNCS 1073, pages 240–256. 1996.Google Scholar
- [CH95]A. Corradini and R. Heckel. A compositional approach to structuring and refinement of typed graph grammars. Proc. of SEGRAGRA'95 ”Graph Rewriting and Computation”, Electronic Notes of TCS, 2, 1995. http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs/volume2.html.Google Scholar
- [Ehr79]H. Ehrig. Introduction to the algebraic theory of graph grammars. In V. Claus, H. Ehrig, and G. Rozenberg, editors, 1st Graph Grammar Workshop Springer LNCS 73, pages 1–69. 1979.Google Scholar
- [EM90]H. Ehrig and B. Mahr. Fundamentals of Algebraic Specification 2: Module Specifications and Constraints, volume 21 of EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1990.Google Scholar
- [GPS97a]M. Große-Rhode, F. Parisi-Presicce, and M. Simeoni. Concrete spatial refinement constructions for graph transformation systems. Technical Report 97-10, Université di Roma La Sapienza, 1997.Google Scholar
- [GPS97b]M. Große-Rhode, F. Parisi-Presicce, and M. Simeoni. Spatial and temporal refinement of typed graph transformation systems. Technical Report 97-11, Università di Roma La Sapienza, 1997.Google Scholar
- [HCEL96]R. Heckel, A. Corradini, H. Ehrig, and M. Löwe. Horizontal and vertical structuring of typed graph transformation systems. MSCS, pages 1–35, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Par96]F. Parisi-Presicce. Transformation of graph grammars. In 5th Int. Workshop on Graph Grammars and their Application to Computer Science, Williamsburg '94, Springer LNCS 1073, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Rib96]L. Ribeiro. Parallel Composition and Unfolding Semantics of Graph Grammars. PhD thesis, TU Berlin, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Roz97]G. Rozenberg, editor. Handbook of Graph Grammars and Computing by Graph Transformations, Volume 1: Foundations. World Scientific Publishing, 1997.Google Scholar